T W O

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

"You idiot! You tremendous idiot!"

The three of them were now standing next to the boy whom Isaac had speared. Luckily —for both the boy and the blond—, the spear had not done irreparable damage, he was not dead, and Coriane would make sure he stayed that way. Together with Aren they deliberated what to do with him, ignoring Isaac's every comment that they should deepen the spear and end the problem. Coriane could not simply leave him to die a slow and painful death. His friends had run scared out of their wits, leaving the boy for dead.

Coriane crouched down to the boy's level and took the spear in her hands, also preparing a cloth to cover the wound. She yanked the spear out of his chest, causing the boy to react suddenly and let out a scream that was surely heard throughout the forest. She quickly placed the cloth over the wound and applied pressure.

"We have to get him out of here," she looked up so she could see the two men with an expression that left no room for rebuttal. "Since you're the one who threw the damn spear at him, you carry him."

Isaac rolled his eyes, but had no choice but to obey.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

While Isaac carried the supposed "Jasper", the other two led the way to a relatively safer location, but so that he could be found more easily, near the path that those sky people had travelled.
The two men suggested tying him to the big tree in the middle and leaving him there, but Coriane refused to leave until she had secured a few more hours of life for the boy before he was found.

"Really? Now you're being merciful?" Isaac reproached her angrily when he saw her arrive with seaweed and healing herbs.

She ignored him completely and went to the poor boy on the ground. She crouched down beside him and began to prepare the ointment that Odeya had taught her to make in emergencies.
Suddenly, as she was mixing everything together, the boy woke up with a start and the two men became alert, pointing their spears at him.

"Put down your weapons!" She warned them in a stern voice. "He's badly wounded, he's no threat," she stressed with obviousness. With compassionate eyes and an attempt at a smile, she looked at the boy who could barely keep his eyes open. "It's all right, it's all right. I'm sorry for what happened, we didn't mean to hurt you."
"We meant to kill you," said Isaac, earning a menacing look from Coriane.
"Put him up the tree, carefully," she ordered, having finished giving him some water and healing his wound as easily as possible.

The two men hurried to do as ordered. A few metres from the tree, there was one of the traps they used for hunting, so the three of them made sure to walk very carefully so as not to fall into it and get impaled to death.
Although, if the look Aren gave her when he reminded them of the trap said anything, it was that in truth, none of them would mind too much if Isaac slipped "by accident". She had to hold back a chuckle and silently warn him not to even think about doing what he was thinking.