E L E V E N

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Coriane's life had never stopped spinning. In these difficult times, her leadership and presence were needed more than ever.

The people needed to feel protected by their Terra, they needed to feel a little shelter, and to see a little light in these dark times.
After Skaikru blew up the bridge linking the two territories, the funeral that was held to honour the fallen managed to bring a tear to Coriane's eye.

A single tear. In those times, it was all the girl could give them.

Aren had informed her of the explosion after everything had calmed down a bit with the Elementa, looking out for the girl's own mental well-being. But now there was no relieving her of all responsibility. She spent all day travelling from place to place, seeking to help her people in any way she could, making sure her animals were not going to be affected by the conflicts, and calming the Terrae Sectatores regarding the safety of the sacred objects.

Her world was upside down, and even that was understatement.

When she wasn't in Polis, meeting with the Elementa or the Coalition, or at the temple, she was in Tondc, training her new animals.

The clans were in a mess, people feared that Skaikru would push more boundaries and now not only affect Trikru, but the others as well. Lexa tried to reassure them that this would not happen, that the time had come to eliminate the threat, and while some trusted the Commander's words, others —especially, of course, Azgeda—, were not at all convinced, and began to doubt the leadership skills of the woman in charge.

That evening, after spending all day in Polis trying to calm Lexa and, at the very least, serve as moral support, as well as training a pack of young wolves who would soon come of age to serve with her. Now she was in her village, lying on Astrid's stomach with Pax curled up next to her as she looked up at the sky that was beginning to turn a beautiful orange color.
She let her thoughts float away from her at that moment. She didn't want to think about anything else but now. Not about her duties, not about the Elementa or the Coalition. Not even about her brother, with whom, too, things hadn't been on the best of terms the last few days.

After their last fight they had only spoken once; the night she had returned with Aren to Tondc after the meeting with the Elementa, she didn't even know if awkward glances and simple greetings counted as talking, but Lincoln had avoided her every time Coriane wanted to solve things, and after two attempts to talk it all out, her own ego had exploded and she hadn't seen him since.

She closed her eyes and sighed, relaxing as she felt the wind caressing her face, as if it was trying to comfort her, inhaling the smell of the trees and the wet grass, the smell of Astrid and Pax, relaxing in her surroundings. Because this was her home. Nature would always be her true home.