F I V E

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

"Are you...?" Aren didn't get a chance to finish the question when his friend came back into town.
"Well? No, about to murder someone, or at best, myself? Yes."

Tiredness was oozing from her every pore, there were bags under her eyes that betrayed sheer exhaustion, and her expression was indistinguishable between deep irritation or deep weariness, both options would be correct in any case, even Astrid made it obvious how exhausted her mistress was; the liger was walking close to Coriane as if she was ready to receive her with her huge body in case the chestnut collapsed at any moment.

"I guess I don't have to ask," he whispered to himself.

They entered the boy's cabin and Coriane took no time at all to collapse on Aren's fur-covered bed while he decided to take a place leaning against the wall opposite the bed, waiting patiently to hear Coriane's crisis.

"Just when I say, 'Excellent, I have answers about Skaikru!' Another damn spaceship comes down, is that fair? Of course not, am I getting tired of the trouble the sky people bring? On the verge of ordering the ground to swallow them up. Didn't we have enough going on with Maunon without another potentially dangerous people arriving?"

Aren, who listened patiently, nodding his head from time to time, opened his mouth to respond, but was interrupted by another wave of complaints.

"Although, I must admit, I still don't know how true it is what everyone says, you know, about Skaikru being dangerous people. I mean, what we got from the guy we captured wasn't controversial at all. According to him, the people sent here are the renegades of their society, and the leaders sent them because their people are in trouble and they're looking for solutions. Apart from being a bit rude, and dumb I must stress, he didn't strike me as much of a threat."

Again, the girl was silent for a moment, and thinking this was his chance to speak, Aren tried again, to no avail.

"Do you think I should propose to Lexa that we'd better get to know these people, instead of worrying about what we're going to have to attack them with? Oh, you have to come to Polis next time, the Council is upside down, in any other situation that didn't include my mental deterioration, their faces of sheer despair would be priceless," she laughed to herself.
"I..."
"You're right, I should do it, it's a good idea after all. Yes, I'll do it tomorrow, now I'll go visit Lincoln, do you know where he is?"

He didn't even bother to try this time.

"In his cave! Yeah, thanks, Aren. I don't know what I'd do without you."

The girl jumped up from the bed and left the cabin, leaving the brown-haired man chuckling to himself as he shook his head. And to think that she was the most feared woman on Earth.