N I N E . T W O

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Coriane had stayed with Indra's army at the Skaikru camp mainly because she knew that this would be the first place where news from Lincoln would reach them. She could no longer deny, with two days since his departure without any sign, that she was truly worried. The only possible reason that even she could not have gotten news of her brother was that he had been caught again by Maunon. Otherwise, her animals would have already deliberated some message about his whereabouts, she had the whole forest with its eyes wide open, and still, it didn't seem to be enough.
Though at least, when Abigail and Clarke arrived with a Mountain Man himself, she was able to get some entertainment to distract her a little. Now that the man had finally woken up, Kane tried to convince him to talk, but like any good soldier; he refused.

Coriane was leaning against a wall watching everything with Astrid lying on the floor next to her. The ligeress was just as bored as she was.

"Look at this," Clarke called out to her.

Coriane walked over to the blonde and the table where she was going through the things of the so-called Carl Emerson. The blonde held out some pictures, pictures of Lexa, of Clarke herself, of these two together, and of her. Of Astrid. Of her friends. It was a collage of their lives.

"So, in your time off from slaughtering my people, you're into photography? I have to tell you, Carl, it's not your best talent, this is not my best angle," she spoke for the first time, drawing the attention of both interrogator and interrogated.

The man inside the cell did not respond and no one stopped her from approaching the cell at a slow, predatory pace.

"Tell me, Carl, have we met before? You sound vaguely familiar..." She put a hand on her chin pretending to be super-focused on him, and a few seconds later her face lit up and she clapped her hands together once with a wicked smile. "Emerson! Of course! Astrid, darling, didn't you ever eat an Emerson, by any chance?" She turned to the feline, who looked up at the sound of her name.

Astrid then got up from the ground and walked towards Coriane at a lazy pace. Once she was at her side, she looked at the locked man and licked her mouth, making Coriane let out a delighted giggle.

"Of course you did! I remembered. Dylan... Tristan... William... Liam, that, Liam Emerson!" She snapped her fingers, smiling sideways again. "Liam Emerson. Sounds familiar, Carl?"

She watched with satisfaction as the man's jaw tightened and his hands clenched the bars of the gurney, turning his knuckles white. But before Coriane could say anything else, try to squeeze out that fibre she'd already taken control of, Abigail interrupted everything.