T W O . T H R E E

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Tributum was in two days' time, and increasingly Coriane felt she had sunk to her neck. With the quarrel with Eddard, communication between them, once poor in itself, was now limited to only messages delivered by Momban, which made everything else difficult.
Melisandre, fortunately, did not leave her alone. The woman had far more years of experience with Tributum than she did, so her advice was always more than welcome, and Dominic pitched in whenever he could, and although, not being such a fan of planning, he did his best to help Coriane not drown in endless responsibilities.

"All the villages are already prepared and waiting," Aren told her as he reached her side.

Behind him, Krista, Jensen and Isadora were standing.

Isadora had only recently been able to rejoin the group, when both Odeya and Nyko felt it was time, she slowly began to rejoin life as Terra's companion.
It felt weird, having her back after all that time. Not to mention things between them were still... unknown, they talked, they had somehow discussed the topic, but Isa's trauma was so big, so present still, that even if she tried to act all brave, Coriane could see she was having trouble picking up the pieces of the woman that entered the Mountain, and the one who came out of it. So Coriane waited, patiently, for Isadora to say anything.

"Including Skaikru?"
"I think Jensen and Aren made it crystal clear to them," Krista laughed, looking at both boys with a sly grin.

Coriane also looked at them both but with one eyebrow raised in reproach. She already had too many problems on her plate, and honestly, the Sky People were at the bottom, furthest place of her list, she didn't want to have to solve any more conflicts with them. Not to mention that she didn't feel like seeing Bellamy again in the slightest, at least not for a while, until she understood what he meant the last time they spoke or managed to dispel her anger at the fact he had managed to leave her confused.

"We behaved, we swear," both boys spoke in unison and raised their hands in the air innocently.

Coriane thought about what "behave" fit the word for them and decided better not to ask any more questions.

"I'm hungry, can we go?" Krista complained with a growl.
"You just ate, like, ten minutes ago, are you serious?" Jensen questioned with an eyebrow raised in amusement.
"Dead serious."

Before Coriane could say anything, she was interrupted by hissing sounds approaching them. She could identify the sounds of her animals, distinguish them one of the other, and listening to the snake she knew they weren't from Naga, so whatever had happened hadn't been in the north, they weren't from Zeher either, so it hadn't happened in the south either. No, the hissing she recognized as Rezik, a beautiful male bush viper from the west, where Polis was.