O N E . T H R E E

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

After a hard morning's training, all that was left was to relax a little and let the fatigue subside.

That was what Bellamy, Lincoln and Octavia were doing just as Raven came in, asking them to wipe off their sweat and go with Abby and Kane, the adults were waiting for them all for reasons unknown yet.

Heeding immediately, the three accompanied Raven to the Chancellor's office where Abigail Griffin and Marcus Kane were already waiting for them. Along with a feline as black as night and three grounders. Aren, Jensen, and another one that only Lincoln recognized as Rahim, the second member of the Terra Guard whom Coriane trusted the most after Jensen, an older man who fooled most with his white hair and a few wrinkles, when in truth he broke bones easier than he peeled fruit.

Before the man could say anything, the Tate family entered behind them. Roscoe immediately ran to Adriel and greeted him warmly, the boy bent down to allow the animal to lick his face and stroked his head with the same affection.

"Is everything all right, where is Coriane?" Lincoln didn't get a chance to ask the question as he was watching the jaglion and the human intently, instead, Bellamy did.
"Coriane is ok, she sends her regards and regrets not being able to come here in person, but with the Tributum on the way, she is quite busy," when Roscoe returned with the group of grounders, Aren answered the man's question reluctantly.

All the Skaikru looked at their leaders in confusion as Lincoln sighed and put a hand to his forehead, as if he had forgotten something important.

"The gentlemen have come to inform us of an event that will take place very soon," Abigail interjected.
"Not just any event," Aren interrupted again, annoyed at Skaikru's ignorance. "It is the most important day in our culture, Tributum is the day we celebrate the warrior spirits and the emissaries who represent them."
"And what do you want from us?" Orion Tate asked, receiving a dirty look from his son.
"As I said before, it is the most important day for all our people, regardless of clan. We understand that you invaders have no knowledge of our culture, and we have turned a blind eye to many things because of that, but Tributum is out of the question. You live in our territory, you hunt our animals, therefore you will respect our traditions."
"Coriane sent you?" Asked Bellamy, and when Aren nodded, he laughed bitterly and hung his head, shaking it. "Then let her come and personally invite us to her little party."

The three men reddened at the disrespect but did nothing but clench their fists and jaws, giving Bellamy a hint that even if they wanted to slit his throat there and now, they would do nothing for the simple fact that Coriane ordered to remain calm, and whatever she said, whatever they would do.