Teaching

*Nicole's POV*

"Good morning dad" I said, grabbing a banana before walking to get in the car.

"Wait, uh can you start warm up with the team tonight and start running plays please, i have a mandatory meeting"

"Uh yeah that's fine" We both got in the car and drove to school. As we walked in i said my hellos to the teachers who are all surprisingly nice and walked to my locker. Closing my locker I jumped back not knowing that there was someone standing there.

"Hey, you said we could talk tomorrow."

"I did"

"Well it's tomorrow"

"I would love to talk but i have to get to my homeroom"

"Ugh ok. Let me atleast walk you" I nodded as we both headed to my homeroom class. Once we got there we hugged each other and said our goodbyes before I walked into the class and sat next to Bella. She looked at me with that "ooooh" look on her face.

"We're just friends. Nothing more" Knowing what she was impling. She hummed a little before getting back to the homework she didn't do last night. The day went on as normal, then lunch came. Bella and I walked to the rink. When we got there was a note on the counter that said "have fun :) Here's something you might need." with a whistle. I got my skates from my bag and got on the ice. I blew the whistle and got in the center of the ice. The whole team started making a huddled up line in front of me.

"Ok, listen up! Coach is not gonna be here for this practice so he asked me to step in. We will do some drills and run plays. Understood?" I said in a loud tone so they heard me.

They all started nodding their heads. I split them up and had half of them skating laps to get faster, the other half I had shooting. Then we switched. I was standing by Bella talking and yelling critiques once and awhile. Then we went to run plays. They were good, I got to be honest. But they could always be better. I started yelling things at them for them to work on it. Over and over again. Making them run the plays over and over again. I happened to catch a glance at jack. He was looking at me with such an impressed and shocked look. I looked at the clock and blew the whistle.

"You guys did good today, go to the locker room and get cleaned up to go to your next class" I said looking at them. They all started skating away but one stayed.

"Hey"

"Oh hey, what's up?"

"I just wanted to say that I was really impressed with your coaching and I really enjoyed talking to you last night."

"Oh um thank you, i really enjoyed it too"

"Well bye, ill talk to you later ig"

"Bye" I started skating towards Bella. She looked at me with that look again.

"He likes you" I rolled my eyes.

"No he doesnt shut up" does he really like me? I got home later and right as i went to start my homework my phone started to ring. I looked at it and it was jack. He was facetiming me. I picked up and said hi. We starting talking and we were helping each other with homework and stuff. He's actually much smarter than I thought. After we finished our homework we talked for a while.

"Honey, come downstairs, dinner ready!" My father yelled in a loud tone. I told Jack I would call him after dinner and hung up.

"So how was practice today?" my dad asked, breaking the comfortable silence we were in.

"Good, we got a lot done. The team is much better than I thought." I said looking up from my meal.

"I know right. Oh I meant to ask you what's going on with you and jack?" he said, looking at me with a suspicious look.

"Nothing dad. We're just friends." I said looking back down at my meal.

"You should tell him that. I can see the way he looks at you nicole. Take it from me, he likes you." he said, finishing his food and putting it in the sink. I followed right after. I went up stairs and sat on my bed staring at the ceiling. What if he really does like me? Should I tell him I like him? What if everyone is wrong? I groaned before picking up my phone to call him back. After a ring or two he picked up.

"Hey!" he said, looking at me.

"Hey!" I responded. We stayed on the phone for a while before I started to get very tired. I told him that I wanted to go to sleep but he said that we didn't have to hang up. We could sleep on the phone if I wanted. I liked the idea of that so I told him that that was fine. I fell asleep not long after.

I woke up to see Jack still sleeping. I knew I had to get ready for school so I hung up.

Jacksonville 🤭

                                      Sorry had to hang up. Gotta get ready for school!

All good. See you at school ;)

👍🏻

I smiled at my phone before setting it down and getting ready for the day. I practically jumped out of my fathers car trying to see Bella and them as quickly as possible. When I got to my first period class I saw Bella and waved with a big smile on my face.

"What's got you in such a good mood?" She said, looking at me suspiciously.

"Nothing! I'm just happy" I said smiling thinking about the events that happened last night and this morning.

"Yeah, I'm not buying that. I'll get it out of you eventually, don't worry" she said. I looked at her and shook my head before getting out my homework and notebook.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yay another chapter out!!
let's see how long this last lol
Don't forget to vote :)

~ Nicole <3