Panic

*Nicole's Pov*

It's Friday and I am packing to go back to New york.

I missed it so much.

I heard someone knock on my door and I went to open it. Jack was standing in my doorway with a flower.

"Hi"

"Hi. What's the flower for?"

"I just thought I would get you a flower. Are you excited to go back to New york?"

"Yeah I missed it there."

"Honey we gotta go"

"Ok be down in a sec"

I closed my suitcase and jack brought it down stairs for me. I kissed Jack goodbye and told him I would see him in a day. I got in the car and waited for my father to start driving.

We left at around 7 in the morning and got to new york at around 6 in the morning. I don't remember much from the ride cause I was sleeping for most of it.

When we got to the hotel we saw the team in the lounge area waiting for who I presume to be my father. Once we were all checked in we went up to our rooms and got settled. I was in a room with bella and dhy cause they both wanted to come with me.

I put all my clothes away and laid in bed with the girls before I heard someone knock on my door.

"Hey, me and the boys are going to drive around, you guys wanna come?"

"Yeah sure"

As we all piled into Jack's truck we all asked each other where we were going.

"I was thinking nicole could tell us that since she used to like here"

"Uh... Well first let's get some smoothies cause i'm thristy as fuck and then we can just drive around looking at everything"

Once we got our smoothies at this really nice place I used to go to all the time we started just driving around the New york. After going to a bunch of stores and seeing a bunch of things we all went back to the hotel.

"I'm gonna go for a swim, anyone wanna come?" Everyone said yes except me and jack. Once they were gone, me and Jack laid down in my bed. We put on a movie but I knew that we probably weren't gonna watch it. I looked up at him.

"Yes love"

"You're pretty"

"Thank you. So are you" he said before kissing the top of my head. I laid my head on his chest soon falling asleep.

When you woke up you saw dhy standing to the end of your bed taking pictures of you and jack.

"What the hell are you doing?"

"Taking pictures of you cause of how gosh darn cute you look"

I rolled my eyes as I got off the bed, careful not to wake Jack up. I was successful until my father came pounding on my door.

"Wake up girls and boy. We have a game to practice for."

After we all got up and got ready we headed towards my old school. It's crazy that my old school is going against my new school. I hope I can see some of my old friends.

When we walked through the school to get to the rink I felt all the memories flooding back. I saw my locker and ran up to it. 'We'll miss you' was written on the top from my friends when they found out I was moving. When we got to the rink it was like I was ten again skating at practice. Laughing, having fun. Until that day.

*Flashback*

"Okay Nicole, I'm gonna go grab something real quick. I will be right back. Work on some spins and stuff." I nodded and went back to what I was doing.

You know I wanna see if I can do that trick that everyones doing now. I mean it can't be that hard. I thought.

I skated to the edge of the rink and started skating towards the middle.

I went for it.

As I landed, excruciating pain flew through my body. I screamed as I held my ankle.

"Omg Nicole what happened" My skating teacher, Maddie, skated over to me looking down with concerned eyes.

"I tried to do that skill that everyones doing. I think I broke something" I cried. She called an ambulance and got me to the hospital.

*Flashback over*

"Hey you okay?"

"Yeah I'm good. This is just where I got hurt the last time I skated. Brought back some memories."

"Oh i'm sorry" Jack gave me a hug and went to go put his skates on for practice

*Time skip*

It's now the day of the game. We got there earlier with the guys so we have good seats right next to the Millberry bench.

The boys skated out and started warming up and stretching. Once the game started I was on the edge of my seat. I have to admit Millberry has a really good hockey team, good enough to beat my old team.

I'm not so sure.

By the end of the second period we were tied 4 - 4. We are now in the third period and we are still tied. It's the last couple seconds of the game and Jack grabs the puck and shoots it right into the net.

We all scream and jump up. Me dhy and bella walked over to where the boys would be coming out. Jack came out and immediately ran to me.

While we were talking I glanced behind him and saw someone I don't ever wanna see again. I start darting my eyes around looking at jack the wall anything. I put my hand up to my chest to try to calm my breathing down. I hear Jack saw something before I collapsed to the ground. I felt him grab me and rock me back and forth. That's all I remember...

*Jacks Pov*

I looked at nicole. She looked like she just saw a ghost.

"Hey, are you okay?" She looked up and I could see the tears in her eyes.

She put her hand up to her chest and I knew immediately that she was having a panic attack. She collapsed and I put my arms around her in an attempt to calm her down. I soon felt her body relax into mine. I looked at her and her eyes were closed.

She passed out.

I got her into the car and told coach that I was riding back with the girls. When we got back to the hotel I brought her inside and carried her up to the girls room. Dhy told me that they could stay in one of the boys' rooms. I laid her on the bed and pulled the blanket over here.

What a day it's been.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Did you miss me 🫣
I hope you enjoyed the long awaited chapter.
Don't forget to vote :)

~Nicole <3