Taking The Blame

*Jack's Pov*

We all walk into the rink at lunch ready to get yelled at by coach. We walk into the locker room and hes not there. We all look at each other with pur confusion on our face.

"Wheres coach?"

"Right here" I turn around and see him towering over me.

Shit.

I walk back and sit down.

"First off, Thank you Luke, AJ, Jack and Nick for protecting my daughter." We all nod our head at him.

"Second, WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU FOUR THINKING! DO YOU REALIZE HOW BAD THIS IS FOR US! PRINCIPAL COLLINS IS FUMING!" He started pacing back and forth across the loker room.
"HE WANTS ME TO BENCH ALL FOUR OF YOU BUT I TOLD HIM WE CAN'T DO THAT AND WE CAME TO A COMPROMISE THAT WE ARE BENCHING ONLY ONE OF YOU! SO WHO STARTED THE FIGHT OR WANTS TO TAKE THE BLAME!?" When none of us answered he started yelling again.

"ONE OF YOU BETTER OWN UP OR TAKE THE BLAME OR THE WHOLE TEAM IS GONNA BE BENCHED WHICH MEANS WE WILL FORFEIT THE NEXT THREE GAMES!" Me and the boys all looked at each other. I got up

"It was me coach. I started it. I didn't like how Chirs was talking to your daughter and I just snapped" He looked at me and shook his head.

"Alright, Jack's out for the next three games. Everybody else go out on the ice and start warming up. Jack you can sit with the girls"

*Nicole's Pov*

I was sitting in the bleachers hearing my father scream at the boys. I felt bad, I really did. My fathers scary when he's mad.

Soon after the screaming stopped all the boys came out onto the ice and started warming up.

"Where's Jack?" Bella asks from beside me.

"I don't know" I look around praying that my father isn't giving him the dating my daughter talk.

Soon Jack walks out with his bag in his hand. He sits next to both of us.

"Why arent you out on the ice, You have a game tomorrow. You should be practicing"

"I dont have a game tomorrow. Coach put me out for the next three games cause of the fight."

"Why did he just bench you the other boys got into a fight too" Bella asks Jack reading my mind.

"We would have to forfeit all the games if we are all benched so he only benched one of us. I took the blame"

"Jack, Why?"

"It was either that or all of us not play! Which would you choose?!"

"Ok jeez sorry for asking but there is no need for you to be giving me attitude cause last time I checked you were the one that got into the fight. I dont even wanna deal with that right now. Come find me when you get rid of that attitude." I got up and started walking out of the rink, Bella following close behind.

"Why is he being such an ass?"

"He's probably upset that he has to sit out for the next three games but he has no right yelling at me like it's my fault" Bella draped an arm around my should as we both walked to our next class, getting there much earlier then usual.

*Jack's Pov*

It was around 4 o'clock and I was currently driving to Nicole's house. I blew up on her today and I didn't mean to. I was upset at myself and the fact that I got benched and I snapped on her.

When I got there I knocked on the door. Nicole opened in and as soon as she saw me she shut it.

"Nicole come on. Please let me in. I just wanna talk. I will leave right after. Please" She opened the door and signaled for me to walk in.

"Go to my room. I'll be there in a second." I nodded amd walked up the stairs to her room. Soon after she came in with a glass of water. She sat on her bed while I was in her desk chair.

"Ok listen, I'm really sorry for blowing up on you today at lunch. I was just upset with myself for getting into this mess and that i'm benched. None of it is your fault and I shouldn't have screamed at you like that. I know you're probably not gonna forgive me and I completely-"
"I forgive you"
"What?"
"I forgive you"
"You do?"
"Yeah. I get it. You were upset and just needed to blow up and I just so happened to be the person you blew up on. Was it right? No. Did you do the right thing and apologize? Yes and that's all that matters." I let out a breath that I didn't know I was holding in. "Just never do it again" She added with a laugh.

I smiled and walked over to her. I laid down next to her and she laid her head on my chest. I played with her hair as she fell asleep on me.

I am really so lucky I found this girl.

*Nicole's Pov*

I woke up and Jack was gone. I went to grab my phone but found a note instead.

Nicole,

I was requested by my family to come back to our residence. I will halt at your residence tomorrow afternoon. Cannot wait to be in your presence.

Yours Truly,
Jack <3

I smiled and set the note down. I walked downstairs to see another note.

Hey honey. We had to get a head start on going to the away game so I left while you were sleeping. We are all getting a hotel at the place so I am going to be away all weekend. I will probably come back late sunday. Have a good weekend. Text me when you get this.

Love Always,
Father.

I picked up my phone and sent him a text.

Parent ❤️

Got it

Parent ❤️ loved "Got it"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HELLO 👋🏻
HOW ARE WE??
It literally took me a hot minute to write this. but it's okay.
There will definitely be more Jack x Nicole coming up in the next couple chapters so 🙌🏻
Anyways,
Don't forget to vote :)

~ Nicole <3