•Chapter 25•

"What did he do to you?" Gemma asked, her impatience evident in her voice, as we settled into the back seat of the car.

"Gemma, you won't believe this if I tell you," I replied, bracing myself for her reaction.

Her eyes widened in anticipation. "What did he do? Did he hit you?"

"We kissed," I confessed slowly.

"You what!" Gemma's voice rose to a shrill scream, causing me to instinctively pull away from her.

"It was a shock to me too," I admitted. "He caught me off guard."

"How did it happen? Did you drink something? I thought you didn't like Liam," she interrogated, her eyes narrowing with suspicion.

"It wasn't like that. He just... it happened," I explained with a shrug.

She raised an eyebrow skeptically. "Are you guys dating now? Did he manipulate you into it?"

I waved my hands dismissively. "No, we're not dating."

"Are you sure? Because the way he grabbed your hand back there, it seemed like there was something more," she persisted.

"Trust me, if there was something more, I'd tell you," I reassured her.

EVERYONE WAS ALREADY tucking into breakfast when I walked in and took a seat next to Mom, who had Tristan in a cradle beside her.

"Honey, what happened to you?" Mom asked, pointing to the bandage on my head.

"It was an accident, nothing to worry about," I assured her, taking a bite of the sausage roll in front of me.

"Are you sure? We can stop by the hospital before you go to school," Dad suggested, concern evident in his voice.

"I'm okay, Dad," I replied, dismissing his worry. "It's just a cut, I'll be fine."

"Okay, sweetie. But if it gets worse, we'll have to see the doctor," he insisted.

"She'll be fine, Dad," Ashley chimed in, eyeing me with suspicion. "Have you figured out the college you want to apply for?"

"Yes," I answered, trying to change the subject. "I chose Columbia University as my first choice and NYU as my second choice."

"That's a good choice, honey," Dad chimed in cheerfully.

"Why didn't you choose Stanford?" Ashley asked, disappointment evident in her tone. "It's not far from home, just an hour's drive."

"I don't want to go to the same college as you, sis. I want to enjoy my freshman year without anyone gawking at me all the time," I explained, trying to avoid conflict.

"Don't fight over it, you two," Mom interjected. "Ashley, let it go. I don't want you to start arguing with your sister."

"Any college you choose is okay with me," Dad added, trying to diffuse the tension.

"It's not like they'll accept you anyway, you're not up to their standard," Ashley retorted, standing up abruptly.

I rolled my eyes at her. "No, sis, you weren't up to their standard, that's why they didn't pick you."

"Enough of this," Dad snapped, slamming his hands on the table. Tristan started crying, and Ashley stormed off in anger.

AS GEMMA AND I sat on the bleachers watching the soccer game, she leaned in and said, "So your sister doesn't want you to apply to Columbia University because she's scared they'll accept you? That's weird, more like jealousy."

"I like to make decisions without someone's help. It's not like it's a bad choice, I hate having issues with my sis."I sighed, feeling the weight of the conflict.

"Don't let her ruin it for you. It's your life, not hers," Gemma reassured me.

Just then, Liam appeared behind us, his hand in his pocket and a smile on his face.

I stood up as he approached, feeling my cheeks flush. There's something about Liam's eyes that I can't seem to figure out. It glitters whenever he looks at me, and my heart start to race up by it. I guess that's his charm.

"I guess it's time for me to leave," Gemma whispered, but I held onto her hand.

"Have you forgotten our date?" Liam asked me, his tone teasing. "Why do I have to look for you everywhere to remind you?"

"I don't remember agreeing to anything," I replied, feeling flustered.

He Clicked his tongue with a smirk."Remember our project?" he reminded me.

"You'll have to let go now," Gemma whispered again to me and I let go of her hands. "Don't get too comfortable with him, I don't trust that cute face."

I smiled, as I watched her walked away. Turning to face Liam, I avoided his eyes. "I've changed the location," I informed him. "It's a secret, though. If I'm going to take you there, you must promise not to tell anyone else."

"Okay, your secret is safe with me," he agreed, flashing me a charming smile.

We headed toward my car, but Liam diverted us toward his blue convertible.

"We're going with mine," he declared.

"We'll go with mine," I interjected quickly.

"Let's not argue about this. What's wrong with going with mine?" he insisted.

"Fine, we'll go with yours, but give me a minute," I relented, walking to my car to inform the driver of the change in plans.

When I returned, Liam held open the passenger door for me with a playful smirk. "Make yourself comfortable," he teased.

Rolling my eyes, I got in, and he closed the door after me.

As we drove, Liam glanced at me with a mischievous smile. "You do that a lot," he remarked.

"Do what?" I asked, puzzled.

"Roll your eyes," he clarified, chuckling. "Sometimes I feel like they might pop out of your head."

I shrugged, feeling a blush creeping up my cheeks. "I can't help it."

The music filled the car as Liam drove, and we settled into a comfortable silence. When we arrived at the woods, I indicated for him to stop.

"What's your plan?" he asked, his tone cautious.

I glanced at him, surprised by the question, but speechless. "You think I have a plan to kill you and hide your body in the woods?" I burst out laughing.

"Can you stop laughing? You're creepy when you do that," he muttered, looking at me with a mixture of amusement and horror.

I opened the car door and stepped out, then started walking into the woods. Glancing back at Liam, I watched as he stared at me in disbelief before taking a deep breath and following me.

Thanks for reading please vote comment and share.