•Chapter 37•

I TOOK MY TIME SURVEYING the lecture hall, searching for the perfect spot to sit where I wouldn't attract any unwanted attention from the rowdy crowd filling the seats. The rows in front of me were already occupied, but there was a decent amount of empty space next to me. With a bit of shuffling, I managed to secure a spot where I could enjoy some peace and quiet.

However, my hopes of a solo moment were dashed as soon as Sarah walked in. With her keen eyes, she spotted me immediately and made a beeline for the empty seat beside me. I managed a smile, but inwardly, I was fuming.

Looks like I won't be having that solo moment after all.

"I didn't realize you were taking this course too," Sarah said, pulling out her notebook. "I'm sitting here because my first year was more about partying than studying."

"Well, at least you're making the most of your second chance," I replied sympathetically.

Sarah chuckled lightly, revealing her beautiful white teeth. Her dark lashes hid her chestnut brown eyes from view. "You're not very talkative, are you?"

I smiled sheepishly. "Major introvert."

I couldn't help but chuckle inwardly at my own fib. If only she knew the truth.

"I used to be an introvert too, but now I've got the whole social butterfly thing going on," she continued, flipping open her notebook. "I need to buckle down and focus on my studies, no more risking carryover courses."

As Sarah flipped through her book, my gaze wandered to the entrance of the hall, and my eyes widened at the sight of a tall brunette exuding classy vibes. She wore brown leather pants that accentuated her curves perfectly, paired with a matching jacket and a white cropped top underneath. Her skin was flawless, her hair seemed naturally straightened, framing her heart-shaped face and captivating gray eyes with specks of brown.

The way she carried herself, like royalty or something, left me in awe. Her beauty was undeniable, radiating off her like the warmth of the sun. She looked like one of those movie stars who graced the covers of magazines worldwide.

"Who's that?" I asked, lost in my thoughts. How could someone be so stunning?

Sarah glanced up from her book and followed my gaze. "That's Ximena Torres. She's on our team and the CEO of Radical Skincare. But just so you know, she's not exactly the friendliest person."

My eyebrows raised in surprise. "She's just... perfect," I mumbled.

Sarah nodded slowly, returning to her book. "Ximena is like a walking advertisement for skincare products. Her sister, on the other hand, is the complete opposite. But don't tell anyone I said that."

I gasped, trying not to stare at Ximena too obviously. "She has a sister?"

"Yeah," Sarah confirmed, giving me a pointed look. "Her name is Yvonne. She's a major introvert but incredibly smart. Their family seems to have it all."

A pang of jealousy surged within me as I glanced back at Ximena, who was now engrossed in her book.

After basketball practice, Sarah suggested we grab a smoothie and hang out before heading home. We settled in the open-space cafeteria on campus, Sarah opting for yogurt while I went for a sweet strawberry smoothie.

"Girl, I'm hyped. Ximena's throwing this awesome party this weekend. Rumor has it, it's going to be epic. I can't wait," Sarah exclaimed enthusiastically.

I looked at her over my cup. "That sounds amazing."

"Are you coming?" Sarah asked, slurping up her yogurt. "Ximena's parties are always top-notch, usually held at her mansion."

My face lit up at her last words, before I could flare up into a jealous fire ball. Dylan showed up, his hair disheveled as usual, his blue hoodie gave him a model look and I flinched at me thought, he took a seat next to me. "Hey!" He called, looking at me. "What's good?"

I took a sip of my smoothie and gave him an innocent look, his smile pure cold water into my flaming gut. "Everything, we're having a great time not talking about some rich diva."

His eyes widened as with his gaze drifted to Sarah. "What's is she talking about?"

"Ximena," she whispered looking around for eavesdroppers. "We were talking about her party."

Dylan sighed with a smirk plastered in his faded pink lips. "Ximena is a friend of ours?"

My jaw dropped, I feign a smile to console the shock that ran through my entire body. "You got to be kidding!"

"She's McKenzie cousin." He paused then continued. "With time you'll get to know her."

Sarah took one last sip from her the yogurt on the table and stood up. "I gat to go, I'll see you tomorrow."

She rushed down the walk way her gaze drifting to the watch wrapped around her wrist. I turned towards Dylan and found his eyes peering at me-an unlikely expression plastered on his face. I gulped down at the thought of him appearing cute once again.

"Your hair is fascinating to watch, the color is so perfect and matches your eyes color." He complimented with a smile.

"Thanks, I'm glad it didn't turn out bad," I said and tucked a loose strand of my hair behind my ear, taking another sip out of the smoothie on the table while avoiding Dylan's eyes.

He sighed and relaxed his back on the chair staring at me, I found myself trapped in his stares and for a while I was transfixed, cold and warm at the same time.

I blinked and looked away my cheek flaring red and I could feel my heart thumping in my chest, I couldn't explain how his eyes was setting me off balance.

And why does he stare at me always?

"Stop doing that," I blurted out my gazed fixed on my smoothie cup.

"Do what?" He asked pretending to be oblivious about what he was doing.

I gulped down, trying to suppress the infuriating feeling developing with me. "Try to seduce me with your eyes." My voice came out like a feather rather than the dagger I wanted to throw.

He smirked. "I'm not seducing you, matter of fact. You use strong words for mere things."

I rolled my eyes, staring at the table. "I'm not a bozo, I know what I meant by that."

"Is my eyes giving you feelings of lust?"

His question created a cold demented shiver in my entire body, I looked up at him but he looked away. I opened my mouth to say something but spotted Mackenzie walking toward us.

Thanks for reading please vote, comment and share.