Twenty-five

Y/N = Your Name

-

Your POV

I come to in the hospital, bright fluorescent lights sting my eyes as they flicker open. I turn my head to the side to see a nurse speaking with two familiar faces.

My parents.

"M- Mom, dad?" I whisper, my throat so sore it hurts to speak too loudly.

"Oh my goodness, my baby." My mom says, rushing to my bedside and hugging me tight. I melt into the comfort of my moms arms. Feeling the first sense of security since this nightmare began.

"We were worried sick, honey. Did that boy hurt you? Did he take you out to Grandview?"

"W-what?" I stutter out, and suddenly I'm reminded again of my dark prince. "No! He would never! Where's Dom, can I see him?" I say, my throat burning as I speak louder.

"Baby, you need to stay away from him. He's dangerous." My mom says, worry apparent in her words.

"He's not dangerous, I need to see him. He needs me!" I say frantically.

A police officer walks into my hospital room as I plea with my parents. I sit up quickly and call out to him.

"Where's Dominic? Is he okay?" I shout, no longer caring about the pain in my throat.

"Y/N," the officer starts. "Dominic is hurt, but he's gonna be fine. But you can't see him." He says, a solemn look on his face makes my stomach drop.

"What? Why? Why can't I see him?" I grow more panicked by the second.

"Dominic has confessed to trying to kill you, he's been charged with attempted murder in the first degree."

My heart stops beating as those words fall from the officers mouth. I'm suffocating on nothing as I lose the ability to breathe. There's no way, no this can't be real.

"NO!" I scream thrashing forward. My parents both grabbing my arms to keep me still in my bed.

"YOU'RE LYING, DOM LOVES ME AND I LOVE HIM!" I cry, tears burning down my face as I scream. This has to be some kind of sick joke or a terrible nightmare I can't wake myself from.

"Let me see him please, please I love him so much." I cry into my moms chest as she holds me close. My dad's hand rubbing circles on my back.

My heart feels like it could explode, the only thing that could stop the detonation being Dominic's touch, his kiss, him.

I look up at the officer again through glossy eyes, "Please,".

He's quiet for a minute, surely trying to think of a way to chnage my mind. Then, with a sigh of defeat, he looks at my parents. "If you two consent to her seeing him, I might be able to make an exception for them to meet in a supervised visit."

I look over at my dad, doubt on his as he stares at the ground. I glance up at mom, tears in her eyes mirroring mine.

"Mom, dad, please. I love him." I beg for some ounce of mercy from them.

"Y/N he's no good." My dad says sternly.

"Nobody knows him like I do!" I yell back.

"He confessed Y/N. He was going to kill you!" My dad spits.

"Without him, I'm already dead!" I cry. My eyes are waterfalls, soaking my face and my moms shirt. I don't want to live without him, and I know the feeling is mutual. I am the only person who ever gave him a chance. The only person who got to look past his demons and see what was really was hiding behind the darkness. He isn't a monster, he isn't broken, he's perfect.

"He didn't mean it, whatever he did, he didn't mean it. It wasn't him, it was his illness. I know Dominic and I know his demons even better. His split personality, his personal torturer. I swear to god he would never hurt me in his right mind. He's ill, he needs help and only I can help him. Please." I hope my pleas don't fall onto deaf eyes as I glance between my parents.

"Okay." My mom mutters out. My heart pounds as I wait for my dad to say something. "I just want you to be happy baby. And I'm not happy about it, but if this is what it takes, then... alright."

A deep sigh of relief escapes my lungs. My soul craving his presence, his touch. My body feeling a million times lighter knowing that I will see him again, kiss him again, tell him that I love him and I forgive him and that I know it wasn't his fault.

I just hope he doesn't push me away.