Six

Y/N = Your Name

-

Your POV

I leave Dr. Brismall's office and make my way through the dark hallways leading to the adolescents ward.

I look down at my hands where the silver key lies. The key to Dom's room was handed over to me from Dr. Brismall, a surrender of power that I now possess.

I reach the sole occupied room of the adolescents ICU. I switch on the lights and the dark halls come alive. I fumble with the key in my hands, unlocking the door as steadily as possible. Slowly I open the door and step inside the padded room.

Dom, who is sitting in the one of the far, dark corners of the room faces the wall. He begins to turn as the light from the hall floods into the room.

"You must be crazy to come in here alone." Dom says with a smirk.

"Why would I be?" I question.

"You've heard what they all say about me, I'm a threat."

"You're not as bad as they say you are Dominic." I say softly.

The dark haired boy gets up from the floor and walks towards me.

His gaze meets mine as he approaches me, our bodies just inches from each other.

"Why aren't you afraid like everyone else?"

"Nobody else knows you."

The tall boy gives me a questioning look. 

"Regardless of what they tell you Dominic, you are not some kind of monster, you're human. You're human, just like the rest of us. The monster they all speak of isn't you, it's what's haunting you from the inside." I tell him.

Dominic's expression softens, as if he's actually taken in the words I've spoken.

I reach up and press my palm to the side of his face, not once breaking eye contact.

"You're gonna be okay one day Dom. You're not so lost, you've got me now. I've promised you since the beginning, and I promise you still. I'm never giving up on you." I reassure him.

"You don't know what you're getting yourself into?" Dom says as my palm gently leaves his skin, his voice unusually soft.

"Maybe I don't know, and maybe I don't want to know. But I'm not afraid." I state.

Dom nods, breaking the eye contact that seemed infinite.

"Then I trust you mate." He says, speaking softly still.

I make a promise to myself that moment as I look back at the boy.

I will cure him, I will end his suffering, and I will save him.