Two

Y/N = Your Name

Y/L/N = Your Last Name

-

Your POV

My work is finished for the day once all the patients in the adolescents ward are sent back to their rooms for bed, about 9 pm.  After that I go the front office and get my photo taken for my official ID, and then I'm free to leave.

However I don't leave just yet.

I quietly make my way through the hall of the general adolescents ward, and down the next hall to the ICU. I stop in front of the same door as earlier. The light is still on in the room, which is strange, considering it's past patient curfew.

I peek through the window on the door and my eyes scan the room.

The boy, Dominic, is lying on his mattress on the floor of the padded room. He isn't sleeping, but his eyes are wandering around the blank room.

I continue to watch his behavior, as he seems to be quite entertained by staring at the plain walls.

I suppose he may see something that I cannot, after all the psychotic hallucinations must keep him occupied.

He continues to scan the room with his eyes, until his green irises find the door, then they stop.

His gaze meets mine as he gets up from his seat on the mattress, walking towards the door.

Dominic stares back at me through the thin glass on my side and metal bars on his own.

"Open the window mate." He says suddenly in a strong British accent.

I carefully unlock the door window and pull it open, now our faces only barricaded by the metal bars.

"Hello there, I'm Dom." He says enthusiastically.

"I know, they- told me about you." I say, tripping over my words.

"Did they tell you about me, or warn you about me?" He inquires with a smirk on his face. I say nothing to this.

"What's your name love." Dom asks.

"Dr. Y/L/N, I'm an intern here." I explain.

"No love, your name. My name is Dom, your name is?"

"Y/N." I say simply.

"A beautiful name love." The boy in the straitjacket says smiling.

"You should get some sleep." I say, feeling that I may have overstepped the boundaries of my work.

"Oh, I'll sleep when I'm dead love. Please don't leave that quickly, I don't get many visitors around here. Nobody likes to be a loner." He says giving a playful pout.

I am slightly taken aback by his lively personality and ability to communicate for someone so mentally ill. However it is not rare for psychotic patients to put on a charming personality as a way to manipulate another person, so I keep a mental note of that.

"Goodnight Dominic." I say with a small smile before closing the window and locking it again.

I give him one last smile before breaking eye contact, and making my way to the exit of the facility.

Something has me feeling slightly put off by the interaction, but I can't exactly pinpoint it, so I choose to ignore it. I exit through the front doors of Langley Porter and get into the used car my parents bought me for my 16th birthday.

I sit down in the drivers side seat and rest my head on the chair. I think back to the dark haired, green eyed boy in the ICU. He strikes a sudden curiosity in me, in all the years I've studied mental illness, I've never heard of a case like his. Maybe I'll ask Brismall more about him tomorrow.

I put my keys in the ignition of my car and it starts up, almost like it's come to life. I pull out of the almost vacant parking lot, and make my way home.