Nineteen

Y/N = Your Name

-

Dom's POV

Fixation or Psychosis?

In truth, I'm just a young urban psychopath. And as death slides close to me, I can't help but wonder what is really wrong with me. Am I sick? Or do I just love too hard? I loved her madly, blindly. Maybe I did this to myself, as well as to her.

It's about 6 am.

Y/N is still in bed. But I never ended up sleeping. I know she won't be up for a while, as I had her up late last night after my breakdown. So I thought I might as well use the time alone to prepare for tonight's events, the sooner the better.

I slid out of bed, being careful not to wake the sleeping beauty to my side, got dressed, and headed to the ground floor on her house I'm search of a few things I'll need.

These next few hours will the most extruciating of my life, the time bomb in my head ticking, counting down the last day spent in the void. I wonder what she'd look like, her life slipping away as she becomes stiff in my arms. Would she be angry at me? No, I'm sure she'll understand, this is how it has to be.

I quietly open the kitchen drawers, looking for a knife sharp enough to take a life. A switchblade or hunting knife would be ideal, but I don't have one with me so I'll have to settle for something close enough. As I open one of the drawers I find a large cutting knife that I think may work. I hold the blade against my wrist pushing it firmly against my skin and slowly dragging it to form a clean cut. Blood drips from the wound and I decide that this one will do.

I have not decided how I will do it yet, I guess it just depends on how tonight plays out. But it will be helpful to keep my options open. I pocket the knife and close the drawer. I then open a door to another room in the house by the kitchen. Through the door is a small room that looks like it was used as a work area. A desk with piles of paperwork sits by a corner of the room and on the walls pictures of a middle aged couple which I assume is Y/N's parents. A majority of the pictures feature the same couple with a younger girl, their daughter, Y/N.

I proceed farther into the room and my eyes scan my surroundings. Then I spot a large black safe in a corner, a gun safe perhaps? I tug at the lock on the front of the safe, seeing if by chance it may be lose. But of course as I assumed, it wasn't. The lock looks as if it requires a small key to open it. I open up the desk drawers and search through the miscellaneous items thrown about carelessly in it. I open up one and close another sifting through everything until alas I find a small red key that looks like it could possibly be a match to the lock.

"Not very cleverly hidden." I mutter before closing the drawer and walking back over to the safe. I insert the key into the lock and confirming what I thought, it's a match. I twist the key and the lock comes loose. I open the doors to the large safe and my eyes fall open several firearms.

A Rifle, pistol, and shotgun are hung orderly in the safe which I assume are for self defense, or maybe hunting, I know it's a pretty popular sport in America. I take out the smallest of the three, the pistol, and hold it in my hands. It's not too big, but certainly strong enough to take a life. I stick the gun in the same pocket in my sweatpants as the knife and close up the safe, locking in securely. I keep the key however, also pocketing in and leaving the room.

I head back upstairs to the room where Y/N is sleeping, knowing that she will be awake soon. I bury the weapons in my suitcase for now and sit on the bed next to where my girl is sleeping. I watch her chest rise and fall as she sleeps soundly, causing a feeling of pain to plant itself in my chest.

I think back to the day I met her just a few months ago. A shy, but bright girl meeting her match. A dark, broken boy being able to see in the pitch black for the first time in forever. But like everything else, everything comes to an end.

Even the things that seem endless.