Fifteen

Y/N = Your Name

-

Your POV

"I wanna take Dominic out for the weekend."

"Well that's quite an idea." Dr. Brismall says as he sips from his coffee mug.

"I know but when you think about it, Dominic hasn't seen the world outside these walls since he's been admitted. Don't you think its doing more harm than good keeping him trapped in here 24/7?"

"We keep him here, because this is where we can assure his safety along with the people who interact with him."

"Dr. Brismall if I may provide my professional point of view on things. I do believe that Dom is well enough to start taking some risks with his treatment, and I think this could be really good for him. Listen, it will only be for the weekend. I just wanna show him San Francisco, he will be with me at all times. Just trust me on this." I explain to the man sitting across from me.

Brismall gives me a look, as if he's really considering it. I look at him hopeful before he sighs in defeat.

"Well, just keep him on his meds and have him back Monday morning. You'll be required to fill out temporary discharge papers but they shouldn't be too much trouble. If you feel from a professional point of view that this is a good idea, then I will support your decision."

I smile wide and nod eagerly.

"Absolutely sir! Thank you!" I say sounding a bit too excited.

Brismall grabs the paperwork from a filing cabinet behind him and hands it to me.

"Have these back to me by the end of the day."

"Will do sir, thank you."

"Certainly Dr. Y/L/N." He says smiling.

And then I remember. 

His pills.

I grab the paperwork and leave his office quickly.

Making my way back to the adolescents ward, I grab his pills from my pocket where I had left them earlier. I don't know how I'm gonna get him to take them, but he needs to if he's gonna leave here.

I glance down at my watch and see that it's about time for Dom's therapy session. I'll talk to him about taking the pills during the session, and hopefully getting him out of here will be enough motivation for him.

---

"So, I had a talk with Dr. Brismall about taking you out for the weekend." I begin, looking at the dark haired boy across from me.

"And?" The boy persists.

"It took some persuation, but he agreed to allow me take you out of the hospital until Monday morning."

"Really! That's fookin' awesome!" Dom exclaims, excitement obvious on his face.

"But under one condition." I add quickly.

"What is it?" Dom inquires.

"You have to take your meds Dom."

"That's it? Done!" Dom says I'm agreement.

"Really?" I ask confused. That's it? That's all it's gonna take?

"Well yeah. A small price to pay to get the fook out of this prison? Consider it done." Dom says, crossing his arms across his chest and sitting back in his chair.

"Well alright then. I'll just need to fill out the paperwork and we'll leave here by 6 tonight."

"Yesss!" Dom exclaims. I smile at this excitement. I swear his smile deserves every award in the world.

That little spark of light that shines through his darkness is the greatest force on this planet. So much so that it doesn't take much to pull me in and hold me down, bonding me to the emerald void.