Eighteen

Y/N = Your Name

-

Your POV

"Oh my god, that's fookin' insane."

"I know right? I cannot believe you've never had a cheesesteak before." I say laughing.

"We don't have a lot of stuff like this in the UK, but if all American food is this good, I'll have to smuggle a ton into England, seriously us brits are missing out." Dom says cheerfully as he takes another bite of his food. We stopped to eat at my favorite cheesesteak place on the Baker Beach boardwalk after we had spent a few hours swimming and relaxing on the beach.

And I swear this boy has been in a state of wonderment all day. I took him to Target to buy a pair of swimtrunks and sunglasses and he ran around like a kid at an amusement park. Apparently the UK doesn't have any Targets, which is a tragedy on it's own, but it's probably why he was so amazed. Though he's been in this city for over a year now receiving treatment, today was the first time he got to see it outside of the hospital campus, and it's all new to him. He just feels free.

But finally, after a long, incredible day, here I am having dinner on a beautiful beach with the most beautiful boy in the world. And I haven't been this content with my life in a long time.

"So, your first impressions of San Francisco?" I inquire.

"Fookin mental man." Dom says with a huge smile on his face. I giggle because he's just so damn beautiful at this moment. The way his gorgeous emerald orbs twinkle when he flashes that award winning smile. I might be mistaken, but I swear there's a small glimmer of light shining through the emerald void that wasn't there before and it seems all too promising.

"And best part is, I got to experience it all with the girl of my fookin dreams." He adds grabbing my free hand. I smile ear to ear and look at him adoringly. Pure bliss.

---

Dom's POV

I'm losing a battle to my own psyche. A split personality that is driving myself into a wall. Taking control only when she's not watching, and turning me into the embodiment of something deep, dark, and dangerous.

I pondered different scenarios in my head, thinking about all the ways this could end. But it all comes back to the one outcome that seems inevitably at this point in time.

I gotta save her from the downfall, as the seemingly endless void is finally bottoms out.

I glance down at the sleeping girl in my lap, knowing that this will be the last night I see the angelic being sleep peacefully. A final countdown to the abandonment of heaven, and entrance of hell. Taking the beautiful thing we created and fucking destroying it.

And as she whimpers and tightens her grip around my waist, suddenly something snaps. Desperation and fear swarm my mind as the psychological switch is flipped again, and I find myself hyperventilating coming to the overwhelming realization of what the alternate version of myself is truly capable of.

"No, no, no." I pull at my hair in frusteration. "God fuck no please." I plea. God please just make it stop. My body shakes violently, tears trickling down my face as I break down completely. I barely even notice I had waken Y/N until she speaks.

"Dom? Dom! Baby what's wrong?" Concern evident in her voice has she sits up, grabbing my wrists and pulling my hands from my messy brown mop. Rendered completely weak and sobbing, she is able to pull me into her chest with ease and hold me against her tight. I grip onto her tank top as she strokes my hair in attempts to calm me down.

"It's okay, it's okay baby I'm here." She coos, soothing me gently even though she doesn't know what's wrong and god knows I could never tell her, which may be the hardest part.

"Just a bad dream." I lie. I wish this was all a nightmare, but no it's reality. A sick and frightening reality where the whole world stops and falls down around you slowly.

This is it. The downfall of the void.

Psychosis (Yungblud x Reader)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें