Five

Y/N = Your Name

-

Your POV

It's been nearly 2 weeks since the first session I had with Dominic. Surprisingly, I've gathered a lot of information on his background and the history of his disorder these past couple weeks, and he doesn't seem to have any issue talking about his past. This however came as a surprise to Dr. Brismall.

"He would never talk about his past with me, or anyone we've had work with him." Dr. Brismall says as I hand him my notes on Dom.

"Well it's all there, his childhood, his relationship with his parents, everything." I say.

"I must say, I am very impressed with your skill of getting through to him, no one has ever been able to gather much of any information on him." Dr. Brismall says, paging through the notebook I have dedicated to notes just on Dom.

"I don't know what it is, he just seems to really trust me." I say shrugging.

"And a good thing too." Dr. Brismall says closing the notebook and handing it back to me.

"How come?" I ask curious.

"If Dom continues to open up to you at this rate overtime, it might be a lot easier to treat him seeing as he won't be as closed off and distrusting."

"Well I'd love to work with him further." I say enthusiastically.

I do have to admit, I really enjoy working with Dom. At first I was quite intimated by him, but after actually working with him, we've built a trusting relationship and he seems to really like having someone he feels comfortable talking to. And it makes me happy knowing I can make him feel less alone in this lonely place.

"How about this." Dr. Brismall starts after a brief moment of silence.

"Hmm?" I hum as a reply.

"I'm willing to hire you as a full time doctor here at Langley Porter, and you will be assigned to work full time with Dom. It's a big risk on my own part, but I trust in your skills to get through to him. I truly believe that you could be the one that cures him."

"I'd be honored to!" I say happily.

"Then it's done then! We'll have some paperwork to take care since you will be a full time doctor here, but we can take care of all that Monday morning." Dr. Brismall says smiling.

"Fantastic!" I say smiling back at the man.

Did I really just get my first job as a doctor at 16?

"Is there anything else you need before you head out?" Dr. Brismall inquires.

I think for a moment, then something pops into my head.

"Can I see Dom before I go?"