Twenty

Y/N = Your Name

-

Your POV

Dom had asked me if for our last night together we could go somewhere secluded and watch the sunset, which honestly sounded really romantic and peaceful so I agreed. I decided that Grandview Park was the perfect place to watch the sunset because there are a lot of hilltops with beautiful views up there. Also some of the trails are so secluded, there is nobody for miles so there is plenty of privacy in case things got intimate.

It would be the perfect end to the perfect weekend. Because tomorrow our lives will go from beaches and sunny mornings, back to dark hospital halls, and cold rooms. And my heart will be locked away in a padded asylum room once again.

We spent the majority of the morning in bed watching TV and enjoying being in each other's arms, wishing it could stay this way forever, even though we know it can't. Then in the afternoon we packed the car with blankets and pillows and headed off to the park, which is about a half hour from my house, however only about 10 minutes from Langley Porter.

We've been walking on the trail uphill for 20 minutes now, just trying to be as secluded as possible. So we can fall into our own little world, where only the two of us exist.

After walking for a little bit longer we find the perfect spot, at the top of a hill overlooking the ocean. We lay down blankets and pillows and cuddled up together, taking in the view.

"It's really beautiful up here," Dom says as he looks around us. His arm around me securely and a blanket is covering both us because the wind is a bit chilly from the ocean. "Yeah it is, I used to come up here with my parents all the time when I was little." I say. "But the best thing about it is, that we're alone, like really alone." I say looking up to meet his gaze. I lean in and peck his lips, pulling away I notice a quite somber look on his face.

"Dom, are you okay?" I ask concerned. "Yeah baby, 'course." Dom says with a small smile, some part of me doesn't believe him, but I decide not to press on. I understand if he's a bit upset tonight, I am too. Who knows when we'll ever get another day like this?

I grab his hand and hold it in my own and rest my head on his shoulder. "I love you," I say gazing out at the falling sun. "I love you too," he says placing a kiss on my head.

We watch as the sun slows sets in silence until the dim light of dusk surrounds us. We lay down on the blankets, our heads comfortably on the cotton pillows. We combat the cold of night exchanging body heat under the covers. I begin to drift off to sleep feeling no hurry to make it back home just yet. I doze off to the sound of the banging of Dominic's heart.

---

I wake up to the sound of shuffling behind me, I rub sleep from my eyes and look around. "Dominic?" What time is it? How long was I out for and why didn't Dom wake me. Look into the black of night I suddenly realize I'm alone. "Dominic?" I call out again.

I stand up trying to see through the pitch black. "Dominic!?" I yell out now more urgently. I walk a few feet into the small woodsy area behind where we set up our blankets in search of Dom, and that's when I see him.

Standing a few feet away parallel from me, his hand raised towards me. In his grasp a small pistol, the same one my dad uses for hunting, pointed straight at me.

"D-Dom?"