Eight

Y/N = Your Name

-

Your POV

I dont know when I first realized I was getting myself into trouble, or maybe I didn't realize it at all.

Something just snapped inside me.

Something that made Dominic the center of my world.

Something toxic, and potentially lethal.

It was at that point that I realized I couldn't fight it. It consumed my entire being, became my whole existance.

It didn't happen fast, in fact it was a slow process. Slowly falling deeper into the seemingly bottomless emerald void, a slow spiral into madness that I couldn't pull myself out of.

---

By 10 pm the hospital halls are dark and silent. All of the overnight workers have clocked in for their shift, and the day workers have left.

However I am still here.

My case with my work here is practically unheard of, so there really aren't limits to when I'm aloud to be here, and I take full advantage of that.

Quietly I make my way to the patient belongings storage. I fumble with my keys until I find the one I'm looking for. And as silently as possible, I unlock the door and open it. I close the door behind me and scan the room. I notice a pile of suitcases in the corner of the room, and I assume that what I'm looking for is within that corner.

I get on my knees and sift through the bags. I look at each of the tags on the bags handles, but none of them are the one I'm looking for.

I scan the pile again, and a tag poking out of the bottom on the stack catches my eye, from what I can see, it reads Doncaster Sheffield Airport.

I pull it out from the stack, careful to not make all the rest of the bags fall in the process. Once I have the suitcase free, I read the rest of the tag on the handle.

Dominic Harrison

From Doncaster Sheffield Airport

To San Francisco International Airport

I pick up the bag and make my way out of the storage room. I close and lock the door behind me and make my way back to the Adolescents ward. Once I find my way back to the familiar halls of the ward, I enter the ICU, and head towards room 11, the all too familiar cage that holds my love captive.

I set the suitcase down so I can grab my keys out of my white hospital coat and unlock his door. I quietly open the door and walk inside the dark room.

"Dom?" I whisper as I scan the room, and he is no where to be found. I step inside farther and look into the corners of the room, where he typically sits.

"Here I am!" Dom says as he jumps out from behind the door.

My heart practically jumps out of my chest as he scares me, but he just laughs.

"Jesus Christ Dominic, you scared me." I say trying to catch my breath.

"Clearly." He says giggling.

I just give him a sarcastic smile and roll my eyes.

"Ah come on, don't be mad at me love." He says pouting playfully, which I can't help but smile at.

"Fine." I say giving in.

Dominic continues to smile at me, making it hard to not get lost in his eyes, but I must remind both of us what we have to do.

"We don't have much time, it's 10:15, you need to be back here by 6:30 am. Which means we need to go." I explain to him and he nods.

"Alright." He says in agreement.

"But you need to look, well not like a patient if I'm gonna get you out of here, so get changed." I say as I hand him his suitcase.

"Um, Y/N?" Dom questions.

"Yes?" I say confused.

"A little help." He says pulling at the straitjacket from the inside.

"Oh, right." I say snapping back. My mind is so cloudy, I didn't even realize he was still restrained.

Carefully I undo the straps and ties on his straitjacket until his arms are free to move. His puts his arms down to his side and his bare chest shows under the undid jacket.

Dom shrugs off the jacket the rest of the way and stretches his bare torso.

He catches me staring and places a gentle hand under my chin and makes me face him.

"Finally." He says as he strokes the side of my face with his hands.

"We can touch once we get where we're going, you get changed and I'm gonna change out of my work clothes so we don't look at all suspicious leaving here together." I say grabbing his hand from the side of my face and putting it down.

"I'll meet you back here when I'm done, I'm gonna lock the door on my way out so no one sees you." I say to Dom and he nods.

And with that I leave the padded room, closing and locking the door behind me.