4

The next day...

"Would you like to go to my mom's for dinner? She told me to ask you."

"Yes, that's fine." Rowan nodded as he typed away on his computer.

"Okay. She said seven o'clock." Amira then closed the door behind her, leaving Rowan in his study. She made her way to the stairs, gingerly peeking towards the couch. The memory of last night was still etched into her brain. Rowan got up early just to clean up their mess before his workout.

Amira took a shower some hours ago, but since she had nothing to do while Rowan was busy, she decided to run a bath for herself. She made the water a little too hot, but she didn't mind since it meant she could stay in longer.

She scrolled on her phone for some time, swiping through people's Instagram stories. Then she turned on some white noise and closed her eyes.

Much time went by before Rowan traveled the short distance upstairs. He headed straight for his room, searching for Amira. He followed the familiar sound until he stood before the bathtub. Amira had dozed off long ago, and her head was now resting atop the edge of the tub.

"Amira?" He called softly, grabbing her phone to silence the noise. She didn't answer, so he shook her a bit. Her eyes snapped open at the contact, immediately shivering as her body registered the cold water. It was damn near freezing.

"You shouldn't fall asleep in the tub; it's not safe." Rowan opened her towel, signaling for Amira to get out. She slowly stood with a big stretch, and Rowan lifted her from the tub.

"My bad," she yawned, wrapping her legs around him. Rowan then carried Amira into his room and sat her on the bed. "I guess I'm still tired from yesterday, especially last night."

"We did have a long day. Do you want me to dry you off?" He asked, and Amira nodded before tugging the towel from her body.

"Can you also rub me down with some lotion? It feels nice when you do it."

Rowan nodded as he went into the bathroom, gathering some body oil and lotion Amira uses to moisturize her body. He then placed both items on the bed and took his time drying her off. He made sure to get in between her fingers, toes, under her breasts, between her thighs, and her backside.

Rowan then applied a combination of lotion and oil to her body, using more lotion than oil as he had seen Amira do. He then turned her over on her stomach and repeated the process.

Amira was knocked out by the time he was done.

Rowan shook his head before covering her with a blanket. She seemed a little more than just tired.
.....

Some hours later...

While on their way to Renee's house, Amira noticed that Rowan was rather quiet. She felt compelled to ask if something was wrong, so she did.

"What's wrong?" She looked at him, waiting a few moments for him to speak. But he said nothing. She then placed her hand on his thigh, and he quickly glanced in her direction.

"What? What's wrong?" He asked, unknowingly repeating her question. Amira snorted as Rowan turned his attention back to the road. He must not have heard her.

"I asked you first, but you didn't answer."

"Oh..." he paused. "I was just thinking."

"About?"

"You know Carter's birthday is coming up. Did you still want to go?" He inquired.

"Yes, of course. Why wouldn't I go?"