17

Rowan didn't delve into the specifics of what happened with Camila. Meaning he didn't divulge much of their conversation. Rowan didn't tell Amira about Camila's feelings toward her. Nor did he repeat Camila's spiteful words. Rowan only harped on Camila's foul behavior, which was enough of a headache on its own.

As soon as Rowan told Amira why he didn't show up at the party, Amira went straight to Camila's apartment after she got off work. She stormed up to the front door and banged on it. "Camila, open the damn door. I know you're in there." Amira knocked until her knuckles became sore. She only stopped when the door flung open.

"Where is Camila?" She didn't acknowledge Sofia as she stormed inside. She then began looking all over for Camila, continuing down the hall and making a beeline for her room. Just when Amira was about to burst through the door, Camila came staggering out of the bathroom.

"You stupid fucking bitch." Amira turned her heated gaze on her target, promptly cornering Camila against the wall. "You have some fucking nerve."

Camila winced at Amira's booming voice.

"What is your problem? Are you looking to cause trouble for me?" Rowan and Amira were already dealing with shit, so the last thing Amira needed was Camila doing more damage.

"No, that wasn't my plan."

"Then what was your plan, because not only did you get behind the wheel drunk, but you—"

"I didn't drive. I had Sofia take me," she interjected.

Amira already knew that little detail; she just wanted to see if Camila would come clean and tell on herself. Luckily, she did, but that fact did nothing to improve the situation.

"Sofia doesn't even have her permit yet. How dare you endanger her life by dragging her into your bullshit."

"We made it back in one piece, didn't we?"

"Yes, because Rowan had to drop your stupid ass off. He delayed telling me what happened because he said he handled the situation, but then Rowan thought about how you put a minor in danger and felt obligated to speak up."

"Did he also tell you about how he assaulted me?"

"No," Amira pointed her finger at Camila. "He did not assault you. Rowan said he told you multiple times to—"

"Yes, he did. I—"

"No, let me finish. I think you're confused as fuck, and I need to jog your memory."

Camila smacked her teeth and rolled her eyes.

"After Rowan told you to leave and you didn't, he said you got mad and slapped him."

"I did not slap him!"

"Yes, you did," Amira argued.

"No, the fuck I didn't."

"So you're calling Rowan a liar; that's what we're doing now?" Amira dropped her hand in annoyance, her palm connecting loudly with her thigh. The sharp noise represented just how frustrated she was.

"You'd believe him over me? Look at my legs, Amira." Camila began ripping her bandages off, showing Amira where her knees were all scrapped-up. Her skin was still raw and bleeding. "He literally grabbed me and threw me on the ground."

"No, you got those scrapes because you fell while trying to provoke him. He did not touch you."

"Yes, he did. I did not fall; your boyfriend assaulted me."

"Camila!?!"

"What!? It's the truth."

Amira was about to lose her shit, so she took a deep breath to calm herself down. "Okay, and let's say, what if he did assault you?" She questioned hypothetically. "Even if Rowan threw you on the ground, which he didn't, you still slapped him. He would've had every right to defend himself on his property. You can't put your hands on anyone, Camila, and expect them not to retaliate. You're just lucky Rowan had enough self-control to keep his hands to himself—unlike you."