19

"Oh, wow." Amira was astounded by her surroundings. "Oh my gosh." She exited the car and rushed to get her suitcase from the trunk. She started to grab other bags as well when Rowan stopped her.

"I got it," he said.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, leave everything here."

Amira nodded and turned for the driveway, carefully eyeing the scenery. She walked up the gravel and went around to the side of the house. On her way, she stumbled upon a large pond. It encompassed a beautiful manmade waterfall with stunning greenery: lily pads, water lettuce, and other aquatic plants. The pond also had floating lights and large decorative rocks.

Amira spent a good fifteen minutes walking around the property and observing the landscape. She didn't venture out too far; she made sure to stay within Rowan's view as he unlocked the front door and brought everything inside. Once done, Amira retreated to the gravel and continued along the pathway.

She took a deep breath as she ascended the front steps. The air around her was clean. It was fresh, crisp, and drama-free.

Amira immediately stopped in her tracks once she crossed over the threshold, stepping into the foyer. The two-story log cabin was everything she could've imagined. It was quiet, cozy, warm, and nicely furnished. It felt like she had stepped into a honeymoon destination—her and Rowan's private oasis. The cabin was situated high in the mountains, so they were literally in a remote location, secluded from everything.

"This is so nice and homey." Amira strolled into the living room and stood before the large floor-to-ceiling windows. She admired the autumn foliage once again, sighing in contentment.

"Do you like it?" Rowan inquired from the kitchen.

"Yes, this place is beautiful, and the view is amazing."

Rowan booked the Airbnb for seven days, so they had a week to bask in their surroundings.

"Are you done putting everything away? If not, I'll help you." She walked over to Rowan and grabbed his hands. Amira wanted him to relax after their long drive.

"I'm done. I just need to take our bags into the room." He pulled her into a hug, slowly running his hands over her hips and up her butt.

"But let's look around," he said.

Rowan took Amira by the hand and started inspecting the Airbnb. He paid too much money for anything to be below his standards, so he took his time scrutinizing the place. He ensured the cabin was up to par before stopping in front of the bedroom door. He didn't let Amira go in; he simply sat their bags on the floor and closed the door. Then they went upstairs.

Not only did the cabin have an outdoor grill, a living room space, a dining room area, and a full kitchen, but it also had a small library, a game room, multiple flat-screen TVs, a pull-out couch, and a second bathroom on the top floor. All of the amenities were modern, well-kept, and readily accessible.

Amira lingered near the game room for a bit. She wanted to play foosball, so she enticed Rowan into a few rounds. She beat him, of course, but only because foosball was her favorite table game growing up.

"This is nice." They eventually walked out onto the balcony and took a peek at both the outdoor furniture and the hot tub. They sat under the lights for a while before agreeing to turn in for the evening.

"I can't wait to—" Amira paused as she spotted red rose petals on the bed, creating a perfect heart.

She continued forward, and Rowan watched as she lifted one of the petals to her nose. Amira displayed the cutest, most heartwarming smile, which made his tiny gesture seem ten times bigger. Her excitement was ever so present, and it pleased him.