16

"Rowan, there's some girl outside asking for you."

"I know." Rowan was already halfway to the door. "I'll handle it."

He left his office and took the side exit. He then went around the building and made his way to the performance entrance.

"What are you doing?" He asked, trying to be cordial.

"Can I come in?" Her voice was low and strained. It was apparent she had been drinking just by her tone and how her words mingled together. "I want to talk to Amira."

"How did you get here?"

"I drove."

"In your condition?" He was confused.

"Okay, and? I don't need a lecture on the dangers of drunk driving. Frankly, I don't care. Can I come in or not?"

"No," Rowan shook his head. "Go home."

"Go home? In my condition?" She laughed bitterly, repeating his words.

"What you do is none of my concern." Rowan began to walk away. "But you need to move from in front of my building."

"No." She pushed off the ground and stormed after him. "Let me in, or I might just have to see how reckless I can be."

Rowan ignored her.

"I want to talk to Amira. I know she's here."

"What makes you think she would want to talk to you like this?" Rowan made it back to the door in no time. Camila saw where he was headed and ran straight for it, slamming her body against it.

"Move," he told her. Rowan could better see Camila under the light, and he couldn't help but wonder just how she got here unscathed. Her eyelids were low, her face flushed, her eyes red, and she reeked of alcohol. He could tell she was trying her best to seem normal, but Camila could barely keep her eyes focused on anything.

"Why are you such an asshole? What did I ever do to you?"

"I don't like the way you move," he voiced.

"The way I move? And what the hell do you know about me?"

"I know you're in love with Amira. Or, at the very least, you're possessive, and you secretly can't stand that she's in a relationship."

Camila gasped. "That's not true!" She exclaimed.

"It's not?" Rowan furrowed his brows. "Don't lie, Camila; it's obvious to everyone but Amira. Just admit it: you want Amira all to yourself, and you hate that she's inaccessible. Why else would you throw a tantrum simply because she rejected you?"

"Shut the fuck up. I was drunk," Camila seethed. "I was drunk!"

"Like now?" He scoffed, shaking his head in disgust.

"Don't fucking look at me like that, and don't try to act like you're better than me. At least I embrace my flaws. I know I'm a fuck up, and I don't try to hide it either. What about you, Rowan? Does Amira know you're a fuck up too?" She slurred.

Rowan stepped closer, causing Camila to shriek back and press herself further into the door. "What do you know?"

"Nothing. I just have a knack for spotting other damaged people," Camila smiled. "And you, Rage, are no better than me. Amira knows it, I know it, and deep down, you know it too. I'll admit my feelings for Amira when you finally admit what we all know: you don't deserve her. You don't deserve her love, body, smile, or loyalty. You're too broken for someone like Amira, and you'll never be enough for her. You will only ever drag her down."