Chater 12

As I sat in my office, the weight of the past weighing heavily on my mind, Luca walked in with his usual nonchalant attitude. I couldn't help but smile at the sight of him, my oldest son who had grown into a remarkable young man. He informed me that he and his siblings, along with Harvey, were heading out to the club. It warmed my heart to see them enjoying their time together.

Just as Luca was about to leave, something prompted me to stop him. I needed to express my thoughts, to let him know how proud I was of him. "You've been smiling more, sweetheart. Don't stop, okay?" I said, hoping my words would reach him. His response, an eye roll accompanied by a casual "Yeah, whatever you say, old man," made me chuckle. Despite his dismissive tone, I knew he understood the sentiment behind my words.

Once Luca left, I knew it was time to have the conversation I had been dreading. I called my wife and Olivia into my office, and as they sat before me, I played the recording once again. The evidence of Olivia's manipulation and false accusations resurfaced, and I met her gaze with a mixture of disappointment and determination.

"Your behavior then was unacceptable, as it is now," I began, my voice steady but laced with a firmness she had rarely seen from me. "You framed your seven-year-old sister for reasons I still struggle to comprehend. And yes, before you say it, I accept my share of the blame for believing you. I should have exercised better judgment. But I expected more from you, Olivia. I trusted that if someone was truly hurting you, you would be truthful about it. Instead, your actions led to me sending Harvey away, and she has endured unimaginable hardships because of it."

I paused, letting the weight of my words sink in. The room remained silent, tension hanging thickly in the air. I continued, my voice a touch softer, but no less firm. "Now, I want an explanation. I want to understand why you did what you did, why you allowed this deception to take place."

Olivia's eyes shifted, and a mix of emotions crossed her face. Guilt, regret, and perhaps a hint of defiance. It was clear that this conversation was necessary, not only for Harvey's sake but for Olivia's growth and our family's healing. I held her gaze, awaiting her response, hoping that she would find the courage to share the truth and begin the process of redemption.

"I... I don't know," Olivia finally stammered, her voice barely audible. "I was just angry, and... I wanted to hurt her. I thought if I blamed her, she would get in trouble, and... and maybe then she would understand how much I resented her."

Alexander's heart sank at Olivia's admission. He had hoped for a deeper understanding, a reason that would make sense of the pain their family had endured. But all he heard was the anger and resentment of a troubled young girl.

"Olivia, your sister didn't deserve any of this," he said, his voice tinged with disappointment. "Harvey has suffered enough because of your actions. You must understand the magnitude of the pain you caused her, and our entire family. We trusted you, and you betrayed that trust."

Elizabeth interjected gently, placing a hand on Olivia's trembling shoulder. "We love you, Olivia, but we cannot condone or ignore what you've done. We need to rebuild the trust that has been broken. It won't be easy, but it's necessary."

I nodded, acknowledging her explanation, but my gaze remained firm. My wife, sensing the weight of the situation, wrapped Olivia in her arms, offering comfort and support. I appreciated her nurturing nature, but there was a lesson that needed to be taught, a lesson that would help Olivia grow into a responsible and accountable individual.

"You have been babying her and spoiling her," I said, addressing my wife directly. "I didn't believe it for a long time, but Olivia, you've grown up to be spoiled, and it is time that I teach you what it really means to live in the world."

My words hung in the air, the gravity of the situation sinking in. Olivia's eyes widened, and her mother loosened her embrace, allowing her to face the consequences of her actions. I continued, my tone firm yet filled with a hint of fatherly concern.

"You will face the consequences of your deception," I stated, my voice unwavering. "You will learn the importance of honesty, accountability, and the impact your actions can have on others. It will not be easy, but it is necessary for your growth and for our family to heal."

Olivia's face contorted with a mix of fear and realization, and my wife and I exchanged a solemn glance. Olivia's cries filled the room, her desperation evident as she pleaded with her mother to intervene on her behalf. My wife looked at me, her eyes searching for a softer resolution, but I held my ground, determined to teach Olivia the importance of self-reliance and accountability.

"It may seem harsh, but it is necessary," I asserted, my voice stern. "The privileges she has enjoyed without responsibility have led us to this point. She needs to understand the value of hard work, humility, and the consequences of her actions."

My wife's expression softened, understanding the rationale behind my decision. She nodded, reluctantly accepting the terms I had set forth. Olivia's tears continued to flow as the weight of her actions and the impending consequences sank in.

"Olivia," I said, my voice gentler now, "this is not a punishment meant to break you. It is an opportunity for growth, a chance for you to learn and become a better person. We will support you in finding a job, in discovering your own strength and resilience. But you must face the consequences of your choices."

I walked over to Olivia and placed a hand on her trembling shoulder. "I believe in you, Olivia," I said softly. "You are capable of turning this around, of making amends. I want you to understand the importance of honesty, integrity, and empathy."

Olivia looked up at me, her tear-stained face a mix of fear and uncertainty. Her mother, too, approached and wrapped her arms around her, providing the comfort she needed in this difficult moment. Together, we would guide her toward a path of self-discovery and personal growth.

"Remember," I continued, my voice filled with both firmness and compassion, "when Harvey forgives you, when you have truly made amends and shown genuine change, we will reinstate the privileges gradually. But it will require effort, dedication, and a sincere commitment to rebuilding the trust you have broken."

Olivia nodded, her tears slowly subsiding, as she understood the gravity of the situation. Though the road ahead would be challenging, it was necessary for her to mature, to learn the lessons that life had placed before her. With love, guidance, and a newfound sense of responsibility, I believed she would emerge stronger, wiser, and ready to contribute positively to our family and society.

As we stood there, a family in the midst of transformation, I silently prayed that Olivia would find her way back to the path of integrity and growth, reclaiming her place within our family as a responsible and compassionate individual.

Hope y'all agree with the punishment, I thought it seemed only fair :)) gonna add sum drama in the next ch