Chapter 31

HARVEY'S POV

My heart pounded in my chest as we were led into the grand countryside mansion where Grandpa Massimo resided. As Luca and I entered through the front gate, I scanned the surroundings, unable to catch sight of Olivia and my mother. The sprawling mansion exuded an air of formality, and I couldn't shake the nervousness that settled in my stomach.

We were quickly ushered into a spacious foyer, and I settled onto a large couch beside Luca. The weight of the upcoming meeting hung heavily in the air, and I leaned over to whisper to Luca, "Where are the other two?"

Luca leaned in to reply, his voice low and cautious, "Grandpa found out the reason we sent them here. He didn't allow them to rest and put them to work as soon as they arrived."

My anxiety deepened as I imagined the uncomfortable situation Olivia and my mother were probably facing. The room was abuzz with people coming and going, casting curious glances at me. Food was placed in front of us, and I grabbed a glass of water, downing it quickly to soothe my dry throat.

Before I could ask Luca about our grandpa's whereabouts, the door burst open, drawing my attention. Slowly, I turned to face the imposing figure that entered. Recognition struck me as I realized who he was. Beside me, Luca bowed his head slightly, a sign of respect that I failed to mirror.

Luca nudged me, encouraging me to show the proper respect, but the man's laughter stopped me. "There will be none of that, boy," he said, his voice resonating with authority. "We are family. Look at me with your head held high."

Luca adjusted his posture, embarrassed by his error. The man's eyes shifted to me, and I felt the weight of his gaze upon me. He approached, placing his hands on my shoulders and studying me intently. My exposed tattoo sleeve seemed to draw his attention, and his mouth curved into a smirk.

Turning to Luca, he commanded, "You stay here." Then, his gaze fixed on me once more, he instructed, "Follow me, little one."

As he walked away, I exchanged a look with Luca, a mixture of nervousness and curiosity in our eyes. I pushed myself off the couch, following Grandpa Massimo with hesitant steps, unsure of what awaited me as I entered his domain.

I followed my grandfather up a seemingly endless flight of stairs, my curiosity battling with my nervousness. Eventually, we reached a large oak door, reminiscent of the one at the mansion's entryway. Grandpa Massimo swiftly entered a code and scanned his fingerprint, causing the door to swing open. I followed him into the room without a word, and he gestured for me to take a seat in the large chair positioned across from his desk.

I settled into the chair, turning my attention to him as he leaned against his desk. His gaze met mine expectantly, and he asked, "What do you want to know?"

I shrugged lightly, feeling a mix of uncertainty and anticipation. "How do you know I want to know something?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

He chuckled softly, shaking his head in amusement. "You're your father's daughter, always seeking answers. Go ahead, ask whatever it is that's on your mind."

Taking a deep breath, I ventured into the topic that had been bothering me. "My mother... I overheard her mentioning something about a prince I'm supposed to marry. When I asked my father about it, he acted as if he had no idea."

Grandpa Massimo interrupted my rambling, his gaze piercing. "It's the Russian heir," he stated matter-of-factly.

My heart seemed to skip a beat, and I stuttered, "W-what?"

He raised an eyebrow, clearly intrigued by my reaction. "You know the boy?" he inquired, his tone curious.

I hesitated for a moment before conceding with a shrug. "Something like that," I replied cryptically. Realizing I needed more information, I added, "What about the marriage?"