Chapter 29

As I stood outside my parents' bedroom, the sound of shouting and arguing intensified. I strained my ears, trying to make sense of what was happening inside. The conversation seemed tense and unsettling, and I couldn't ignore the sinking feeling in my gut.

Inside the room, my mother's voice was sharp and insistent, urging my father to drink a peculiar tea. "Come on, just try it. It'll help you relax," she coaxed.

My father's protests were weak, and I could hear him murmuring, "I don't think this is a good idea..."

As the minutes passed, my father's voice grew more drowsy, and I realized something was terribly wrong. My heart pounded in my chest, and I knew I had to act. Pushing the door open, I rushed in to find my mother standing over my father, a cup of tea in her hand.

"What are you doing, Mom?" I asked, my voice filled with concern. "What's in that tea?"

My mother's eyes darted toward me, her expression wavering between anger and panic. "Harvey, it's just an herbal remedy," she stammered, trying to sound convincing.

But deep down, I knew something wasn't right. "Dad, are you okay?" I asked, rushing to his side.

He looked groggy, struggling to stay awake. "I... I don't know," he mumbled.

Suddenly, my mother's words from earlier made sense. She was trying to get rid of my relationship with Killan so Olivia could marry him instead. The truth hit me like a ton of bricks—I was supposed to marry Killan all along.

Anger and confusion surged within me, but I had to focus on helping my father. "Mom, what did you put in the tea?" I demanded, my voice trembling with emotion.

She looked at me with wide eyes, unable to answer. It became evident that the tea was drugged, and I suspected this wasn't an isolated incident.

"Luca!" I called out for my brother, knowing I needed his help to handle the situation.

He rushed into the room, concern etched on his face. I quickly explained what had happened, and together, we decided to take our mother to an empty room and lock her in for her own safety.

While Luca stayed with her, I dialed for a doctor to come and examine my father. Fear gnawed at me, worried about the potential harm the drugged tea might have caused.

Sitting by my father's side, I waited anxiously for the doctor to arrive. My mind was a whirlwind of emotions—anger, confusion, and concern for my father's well-being. But amidst it all, a sense of clarity emerged—I needed to protect my family, untangle the lies that had been woven around us, and find out the truth about my past and my future.

It was days later when I stood at the edge of his bedroom once again. My laptop in my hand and Luca's comforting hand on my shoulder. As I entered my father's room, my nerves were on edge. Luca's presence beside me provided some comfort, but my heart still raced with anticipation. My father was sitting up in bed, looking much better than he had been a few days ago. His warm smile greeted me, and he patted the space beside him, inviting me to sit.

I took a deep breath, trying to calm my nerves, and climbed onto the large bed, positioning myself comfortably beside him. Looking into his eyes, I knew I had to be brave and face the truth.

"Dad," I began, my voice trembling slightly, "there's something I found in your office, and I think you need to hear it."

His brow furrowed slightly in confusion, but he nodded, giving me the reassurance to proceed.

With a shaky hand, I pulled out my laptop and opened the audio recording I had discovered days ago. My finger hovered over the play button as I took a moment to gather my thoughts.

"I found this recording, Dad," I said, trying to keep my voice steady. "It's from nine years ago, and it involves Mom and Olivia."

As the audio started playing, I watched my father's expression shift from curiosity to concern. He listened intently, his eyes narrowing as he absorbed the words being spoken.

In the recording, my mother's voice was cold and calculating as she manipulated Olivia. My heart sank as I heard her coaxing my sister into harming herself, all to frame me for it. I couldn't believe the depth of her deception and cruelty.

As the recording continued, my father's expression turned from concern to anger and sorrow. It was evident that he was piecing together the truth, and the pain in his eyes mirrored my own.

When the recording finally ended, there was a heavy silence in the room. My father took a moment to process everything before he finally spoke.

"I... I had no idea, Harvey," he said softly, his voice filled with regret. "I never knew what your mother was capable of."

Tears welled up in my eyes as I nodded, understanding that my father had been deceived just as much as I had.

"I'm so sorry, Dad," I choked out. "I never wanted any of this to happen."

He reached out and gently placed a hand on mine, giving it a reassuring squeeze. "None of this is your fault, Harvey," he said firmly. "Your mother's actions are her own, and I will make sure she faces the consequences."

We sat in silence for a while, both processing the weight of the revelation. But amidst the pain, I felt a sense of relief—the truth was out, and I no longer had to carry the burden of my mother's deceit alone.

I took a deep breath as my father instructed me to call our mother and Olivia into the room. I nodded to Luca, who was waiting just outside, and he went to fetch them. Soon, the entire family was gathered in the large bedroom, with my mother and Olivia in the center, looking visibly distressed.

"Harvey, what's going on? Why did you call us here?" my mother asked, her voice tinged with worry.

I glanced at my father, knowing that the truth needed to be revealed. "I found something in your office, Dad," I said, my voice trembling slightly. "It's a recording from years ago."

My father's face remained impassive, but I could see a hint of curiosity in his eyes. "Show me again," he commanded.

I took a deep breath and played the recording on the laptop. As the audio played, my mother and Olivia's expressions turned from worry to shock, and then to fear.

In the recording, my mother was heard telling Olivia to lie and frame me for her actions. She spoke about wanting Olivia to marry Killan, the prince I was supposed to marry, and get rid of my relationship with him.

Olivia started to sob, while my mother looked like she wanted to disappear into thin air.

"You planned to betray me and the family all this time?" my father asked, his voice cold.

"I... I didn't mean to," my mother stammered, tears streaming down her cheeks. "I was just trying to protect Olivia."

"Protect her? By using Harvey as a pawn and betraying your own daughter?" Luca chimed in, his voice filled with anger.

"I'm so sorry, I never thought it would go this far," my mother pleaded.

"And Olivia? You were just going along with all of this?" my father turned to her, his eyes blazing.

Olivia could barely speak, her guilt evident. "I... I didn't know what to do, Mom said it was for the best..."

"For the best? You both destroyed my relationship with my brothers, you manipulated and hurt your own family!" I interjected, my voice shaking with emotion.

My father sighed heavily, looking worn out from all the revelations. "Luca, what do you want to do with the traitors?" he asked, leaving the decision in my brother's hands.

Luca's expression turned dark as he looked at our mother and Olivia. "I guess it's time to pay Grandpa Massimo a visit," he said, his voice laced with a sadistic tone.

:)) Hope you liked the chapter