Chapter 21

Harvey

I can feel the heat rising in my cheeks as Adrien and Devin ruffle my hair and call me their little sister. It's typical of them to tease me, and I can't help but roll my eyes playfully. However, my heart skips a beat when they mention Damien's name.

My stiffened posture betrays my unease, and I turn to face them, trying to act nonchalant. "What?" I ask, hoping my voice doesn't betray my nerves.

The mischievous smirks on their faces tell me that they're about to drop some juicy gossip. They turn to Luca, who is engrossed in the chess game we've been playing, and say, "Fun fact, Luc, did you know our baby sister DATED Damien?"

I cough, trying to regain my composure, as Luca gasps in surprise. I shoot Adrien and Devin a glare, but they just laugh, clearly enjoying my discomfort. My cheeks instantly flush with embarrassment as Luca's eyes widen in surprise. I can't believe Adrien and Devin just spilled the beans about my past relationship with Damien. I shoot them a glare, but they only chuckle mischievously.

"Well, isn't that interesting," Luca says with a sly grin, clearly enjoying the newfound revelation. I shake my head, trying to dismiss the topic, but my brothers are relentless.

"So, when did this happen?" Adrien asks, raising an eyebrow.

"A couple of years ago," I mumble, feeling a bit uncomfortable with the spotlight on my dating history.

"Wow, and you never told us?" Devin exclaims, feigning hurt.

"I didn't think it was necessary," I reply defensively.

Luca, still intrigued, leans in and asks, "How did you two end up together?"

I sigh, giving in to the inquisition. "We met at that school we all went to," I explain. "After the school shut down, we ended up renting a house together with Liam, Ethan, and Killan. Damien and I grew close, and... well, we started dating."

Adrien grins and nudges my shoulder. "That's adorable."

"Wait, so that's why you didn't come home with us?" Luca asks, piecing things together.

I nod, looking down at the chessboard to avoid their gazes. "Yes. Damien and I had a bit of a disagreement, and I needed some space."

"And he's back now?" Devin questions.

"Yeah, but it's complicated," I mutter, not wanting to get into all the details.

"You know, Harvs, you can always talk to us about anything," Adrien says, placing a reassuring hand on my shoulder.

I give them a small smile, feeling grateful for their support. "I know, and I appreciate that. It's just... a lot."

"Well, we're here for you," Luca says, reaching out to ruffle my hair affectionately.

I lean into their touch, feeling the warmth of family surround me. Despite the teasing, I know that they genuinely care about me. I've missed having my brothers around during the time I was away, and I'm glad to have them back in my life.

I sigh, knowing I won't hear the end of this any time soon. "Okay, can we talk about something else now? Like, how was your day?"

They finally let the subject go and start telling Luca about their day, making sure to leave out any embarrassing details about my past relationship with Damien. As we continue chatting and playing chess, I feel grateful for my brothers' presence and support. They always know how to make me smile, even when my past comes back to haunt me.

As we continue chatting and playing chess, Adrien suddenly brings up Olivia's boyfriend, catching us all by surprise. I furrow my brows, trying to recall the encounter. "Olivia has a boyfriend?" I ask, genuinely puzzled.