Chapter 25

A few days before the Mafia ball, my excitement was palpable as my brothers, Liam, Ethan, Damien, and I boarded the flight to Russia. We decided to arrive a bit early to surprise Killan, leaving our parents and Olivia to join us later. Luca had helped plan the surprise, and I was truly grateful for that. The anticipation of seeing Killan again filled me with joy.

As the plane landed in Russia, I could barely contain my excitement. I was practically bouncing on my heels, eager to reunite with Killan after being apart for what felt like too long. Our group made its way to Killan's opulent mansion. During the car ride, I found myself sitting stiffly beside Damien, who seemed to be thoroughly amused by my uneasiness whenever our legs brushed against each other. I tried to focus on the upcoming reunion with Killan, pushing aside any discomfort I felt around Damien.

Finally, we arrived at the grand mansion, and after exchanging a few words with Ethan, Liam, and Damien, I followed Damien's underboss, Christian, who was guiding me to Killan's office. As we walked through the luxurious halls, I felt my heart racing with both anticipation and nervousness.

Christian stopped outside a magnificent door and gestured for me to enter. Taking a deep breath, I nervously pushed the door open, only to be confronted with a scene that left me in utter shock. There, in Killan's office, was a girl clinging to him, and the situation seemed rather intimate.

My jaw dropped, and tears welled up in my eyes as I tried to compose myself. Killan's eyes immediately met mine, and he appeared surprised by my sudden appearance. He quickly pushed the girl away and walked towards me, concern evident in his eyes.

"Harvey? What are you doing here?" he asked, his voice betraying a mix of shock and happiness.

Struggling to find my voice, I managed to say, "I... I came to surprise you for the ball," trying my best to keep my emotions in check.

Killan's expression softened as he came closer, taking my hand gently in his and giving it a reassuring squeeze. "I had no idea you were coming early. I would've made arrangements if I knew," he said sincerely.

"No, no, it's fine. I wanted it to be a surprise," I replied, forcing a smile to hide my inner turmoil.

Killan's gaze softened as he reached out to cup my cheek gently, his thumb wiping away a stray tear. "I'm sorry, Harvs. I should have told you about Anna," he said, his voice regretful.

"Anna," I repeated, looking at the girl who was now standing awkwardly by the door. "Who is she?"

Killan took a deep breath, his eyes never leaving mine. "She's... someone I used to know. She's just a friend," he explained, trying to reassure me.

My heart clenched at his words, and I felt a mix of relief and jealousy wash over me. "Just a friend," I repeated, feeling a little foolish for letting my emotions get the better of me.

Killan took my hand in his, pulling me closer to him. He smiled warmly, his fingers gently tracing patterns on the back of my hand. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you about Anna. It's just that... she's been going through a tough time, and I wanted to be there for her," he explained.

"It's okay," I said, giving him a small smile. "I understand."

He pulled me into a tight embrace, and I rested my head against his chest, feeling his heartbeat against my cheek. In that moment, all my worries and insecurities seemed to melt away, replaced by the overwhelming love I felt for him.

As we stood there, wrapped in each other's arms, I realized that no matter what challenges or surprises life threw our way, as long as we had each other, we could face anything together. And in that moment, surrounded by the love and support of my brothers and friends, I knew that this Mafia ball in Russia would be a night to remember.

Small Chapter :/ I'm sick sorry. I'll try to write more tomorrow