chapter seven

007the self-destruct buttonseason one, episode seven !

007
the self-destruct button
season one, episode seven !

"Please tell me I didn't hear what I thought I heard." A sleep-deprived Marnie groaned as she trudged into the kitchen, where Izzie was staring longingly into the pot of hot coffee, and George was grabbing himself a mug.

"Unfortunately, you did." The taller blonde sighed, resting her chin on her hand. "She could oil the bedsprings as a courtesy or at least buy a padded headboard."

"Did you get any sleep?" George asked the shorter woman, only to be met with her stern look.

"What do you think?"

Once Izzie had poured herself some, George poured two cups of coffee for him and Marnie. "So who's the guy?" He questioned.

Izzie grinned, "You think it was just one guy doing all that work?"

"Do you mind if I don't think about that?" He cringed.

Marnie couldn't help but smirk as she sipped her coffee, "Jealous, are we, George?"

"No!" He blurted and she just nodded, "I'm not jealous."

"I am." Izzie scoffed, grabbing her jacket from the peg and shrugging it on, "But at least I know she'll be having a long day at work."

Marnie chuckled at her remark, swinging her bag over her shoulder. Suddenly, the sound of footsteps coming down the stairs caused the three interns to share a look. They all subconsciously agreed to run towards the door, peeking around to get a look at who was leaving.

George's face fell, "That's not—"

"Oh, it is!" Izzie gasped, watching a rather sheepish Derek Shepherd scurry out of the front door. "Well, at least we know brain surgery isn't his only skill." She shrugged.

"They can't be—" George whispered to himself, "He's her boss!"

Marnie let out a sigh, ignoring the subject at hand, "We're late."

"You know," Izzie began in realisation, "She has been scrubbing in a lot on his surgeries."

The O'Malley boy's eyes widened immediately at the thought, "No. Meredith wouldn't sleep with him just to— no!"

"George is right," Marnie nodded her head. "I really don't think that's the reason that—" Izzie gave the blonde a look that read 'you know something', causing her to groan. "Okay, she told me they kissed but I didn't know they were doing... that."