chapter thirty three

03317 secondsseason two, episodes twenty five & twenty six !

033
17 seconds
season two, episodes twenty five & twenty six !

"He's picturing my face. He's totally picturing that dart puncturing my skull." Cristina scoffed, as her, Marnie, Izzie and Meredith sat at the bar in Joe's, sipping on their drinks and watching Derek and Burke play a game of darts, and, of course, making fun of their every move.

Meredith narrowed her eyes as Derek glared over at her, before angrily plummeting a dart straight into the middle of the board. "I think that one was meant for you, Mer." She muttered through her straw.

"He called me a whore." She grumbled. "He lost the right to picture me."

"Mm." The Yang woman nodded in agreement. "So I fall asleep during sex. So what? Y'know, Walker, you are so lucky you don't have to worry about the stupid male species."

"Ooh, yeah, about that," Izzie cooed, pointing her forefinger at the Walker woman, "I got you a blind date tonight."

"Huh?" Marnie croaked out, almost chocking on her drink and erupting into a small coughing fit. Thankfully, Meredith had placed her glass down on the table so she could pat her on the back.

Once she got her breath back, the blonde took a deep breath in, "What do you mean you got me a blind date?"

"I set it up last week, I forgot to tell you. He's meeting you in the lobby at eight—"

"Woah, woah, woah," She shook her head, "I can't go on a date."

Izzie furrowed her brow, "Why not?"

Marnie let out a nervous laugh. "I— I'm a surgical intern. I'm busy, I don't have time to go on a date."

"That's fine!" Izzie beamed, "You can go once your shifts over."

"But..." The blonde frowned, glancing over at Meredith as a silent plea for help, which she seemed to pick up on straight away.

"But she'll be tired." The Grey woman interjected, as Marnie frantically nodded like a bobblehead. "Too tired for a date. It wouldn't be fair on him."

A nervous lump formed in the blonde's throat as Izzie reached out and grabbed her hand with an alarmingly large grin on her face. "I'm not taking no for answer! You're the only one whose single, you deserve to have some fun."

Although the smile and the little scrunch of her nose she gave her may have convinced Izzie she was okay with it, what Marnie was really thinking was how exactly Alex was going to kill her when she told him.