chapter thirty four

034losing my religionseason two, episode twenty seven !

034
losing my religion
season two, episode twenty seven !

"I cut the LVAD wire." Izzie admitted, whilst she, Meredith, George, Cristina, Marnie and Alex stood in a line opposite Chief Webber, who was consciously eyeing them all.

"Actually," The Grey woman spoke up, standing with her arms behind her back, "I cut the LVAD wire."

"No, I did it." George chimed in. "I'm the one who cut the wire."

When the dark haired woman beside him failed to speak, he discreetly nudged her in the arm, causing her to roll her eyes.

"Fine." Cristina grumbled, "I cut the LVAD wire."

On her right, the Walker woman swallowed the lump in her throat as she glanced over at her boyfriend beside her, who was giving her a knowing look, silently telling her not to do it.

But, still, she turned back to her superior. "It was me, sir. I cut Denny's LVAD wire."

Alex let out a scoff as all eyes then fell on him. "I didn't do anything, I'm totally innocent."

"Alex!" Marnie tutted, swatting him on the chest as the other four muttered their own bids of disapproval.

"We had an agreement!"

"I wasn't even there!" He yelled, defending himself, "Anyway, why are you all protecting—"

"People!" Dr. Webber shouted, cutting Alex off and turning the interns' heads. "I know who did this. So you might as well come clean. I know."

Although his words were aimed at all six of them, his eyes remained solely on Izzie. He was the chief of surgery, he was far from stupid. He knew exactly who cut that wire, but by their logic, it was their word against his. As long as they all stuck to their story, he would never know for sure.

Some of them were skeptical about it, of course. Marnie, in particular. It may have cost her her place in the program, but Izzie was one of her best friends, and she'd be dammed if she didn't help her out when she needed it.

"With all due respect, sir," George began, "If you knew, you wouldn't be asking us."

Meredith nodded her head in agreement. "You have your suspicions. But you don't actually know."

"Not for sure." Marnie added.

"And you can't do anything to any of us without proof, sir."