chapter fifty two

052love/addictionseason four, episode two !

052
love/addiction
season four, episode two !

"What's with all the junk?" A rather confused Marnie furrowed as her and Meredith approached the first floor nurses' station, which was currently piled with masses of boxes. As if by magic, Cristina appeared out from behind them, and she did not look in the mood for questions.

"It's not junk." Izzie, who also appeared out of nowhere, quickly retorted.

"It's beautiful." Nurse Tyler corrected, clinging onto one of the boxes, "It's the Belgian Flip Round Pro."

"Hold on a second," The Walker woman narrowed her eyes, scanning the scene in front of her as she connected the dots, "Are these all your wedding gifts?"

Izzie was quick to nod as she rested her chin on top of the Mixmaster, "She's giving them away. Dibs on this."

The Yang woman glared at her. "I'm not giving you the Mixmaster."

Meredith struggled to hide her amusement, "You know you're supposed to return them?"

"Burke registered for this crap. Now I'm the one stuck dealing with it. So, I'm using it for professional gain."

Before Marnie could ask any more questions, she spotted an Espresso Machine in amongst the gifts and let out a particularly loud gasp. "Dibs on this!" She exclaimed, wrapping her arms tightly around the box before anyone else could get their hands on it.

Little did she know that Mark Sloan, who'd had his eyes on the same product for several minutes now, was standing right behind her.

"Are you ready to part with that?" He asked Cristina as he pointed to the Espresso Machine.

The sound of his voice sent Marnie's eyes wide as she pivoted around, "Nuh uh! No way! It's mine, I called dibs!"

Cristina stared blankly between the pair, taking a moment to think. "It depends," She spoke, her gaze returning to the attending, "If you let me help on the rhomboid flap in your next Moh's defect repair."

Mark smirked triumphantly to himself, thieving the box from the blonde's poor, defenceless grip. "Come to Daddy," He murmured.

Marnie was forced to watch as her Espresso Machine was carried away by its new owner. She couldn't help but frown as she turned back to the curly headed woman. "I can't believe you just did that."

Cristina could only shrug in response whilst Jacob approached the desk, clad in his new dark blue scrubs, looking equally as confused as his sister. "What's going on here?" He queried with a small chuckle, "You having a Yard Sale in the middle of the lobby?"