chapter fifteen

015into you like a trainseason two, episode six !

015
into you like a train
season two, episode six !

"So, do you think Derek will show up?" George asked the blonde sat beside him on the couch, whilst the two of them gorged on a tub of chocolates from Meredith's cupboard and watched the newest edition of Desperate Housewives. She was reluctant at first, but she had admit, it was starting to make her feel better.

Marnie shrugged her shoulders, "If he has any sense, then, yeah. He will."

The episode ended, so, after shoving another chocolate in his mouth, George grabbed the remote and started switching through the channels. He paused when he reached the news, the picture on the screen causing both of their hearts to lurch.

"A massive train wreck occurred just outside of Seattle, only minutes ago. The Vancouver bound train was carrying over 300 passengers. Paramedics are on scene helping victims."

As if on cue, both of their pagers went off. "Are you kidding?" Marnie groaned, tossing her head back. "We just worked a 30 hour shift."

The O'Malley man let out a tired sigh as he turned off the television, lifted up the blanket that was covering the two of them and got up from the couch. When the blonde stayed seated, he grabbed her by the hand and ushered her to get up. "If I have to go, then so do you."

"I think I saw a pneumothorax!" Cristina eagerly beamed to herself as the group of interns pulled on their yellow gowns, each of them having their own conversations. "I hope I saw a pneumothorax!"

Their conversations came to an end, however, when Dr. Bailey approached them, clad in a dress and high heels. The six of them shared looks with one another, equally surprised. "What are you all looking at?" She asked, raising a brow.

Marnie, who was tying George's gown, bit her lip. "Nothing."

The resident tutted to herself as she grabbed a gown. "Hey, you," She spoke, handing Alex her handbag and shawl. "Go get my damn shoes."

He did as he was told, running off to fetch her shoes. When Bailey got to the door, Meredith stopped her in her tracks. "Hello. I seem to be a little drunk." She slurred. "I was off duty."

"So was I. Anybody else half in the bottle?" They all shook their heads. "Alright, then. Grey, just stay out of the way. I'll deal with you later. The rest of you, stick with me and wait for your assignments. I know you get all aquiver at the sight of blood and organs but it's gonna be a long night, and you're already tired."