chapter twenty five

025it's the end of the world as we know itseason two, episodes sixteen & seventeen !

025
it's the end of the world as we know it
season two, episodes sixteen & seventeen !

"I'm just not going." Meredith said simply, rolling over so her back was facing her roommates, who were stood in her bedroom, all clad in their pyjamas.

"You have to go to work!" Izzie said, clutching a box of Super Bran. "You're an intern. Saving lives is not optional."

But the Grey woman remained still. "Yes, it is. I'm staying home."

"Can you two do something?" Izzie sighed, turning to her friends who were both stood still, clearly tired and clueless.

Marnie gave the other woman an unknowing look before turning attention back to Meredith, clearing her throat. "Uh... just think about all the people that will die if you don't go to work?" She groggily supposed.

George, deciding to take a more gentle approach, sitting down on the edge of the bed and giving his friend a soft smile. "Maybe they'll be a horrible accident nearby the hospital. Cut a bunch of people open. Sternotomies, craniotomies. That's be fun, right?"

"I don't care about surgeries."

When neither three of their attempts seemed to be working, the interns decided to call the only person who they knew could talk some sense into Meredith. "So. You have a feeling?" Cristina asked, storming through the bedroom door.

Meredith perked you slightly at the sound of her voice, nodding as she turned around.

"Okay. What kind of feeling?"

"Like I might die." She shrugged, avoiding eye contact.

The Yang woman simply rolled her eyes at her answer. "Today? Tomorrow? In 50 years? We're all gonna die eventually, but now we're late, let's go!"

Meredith did reply to that, merely pulling the covers up to her chin and turning around, causing her friend to emit a scoff, turning back to face her roommates.

"Okay, I'm out of my depth here, she's stubborn as hell." Cristina scoffed.

"Right," The Walker woman sighed, feuding over to the bed and pulling off the covers, grabbing hold of Mer's arm. "No one is dying today, you hear me? Now get your ass up out of bed and come to work."

A huge smile appeared on the brunette's face as she looked over at George on Izzie, who shared the same wide eyed expression. "I love mean Marnie!" She laughed.