chapter forty

040staring at the sunseason three, episode eight !

040
staring at the sun
season three, episode eight !

"Today's the day, people!" A strangely content Meredith beamed as she sauntered into the locker room, where her fellow interns were all huddled around one another, reading a patient chart. "Today is the day when dark and twisty Meredith disappears forever, and bright and shiny Meredith takes her place. You're probably not gonna wanna be friends with me anymore because the sheer intensity of my happiness is gonna make your teeth hurt. But that's okay because life is good. Life is good!"

"God, she's turned into Marnie." Cristina muttered under her breath, earning a look from the blonde.

"Hey!"

It was only when the Grey woman turned around that she noticed the chart in George's hands, and just how preoccupied the others seemed to be by it. "What's going on?" She asked through knitted brows.

Marnie bit her lip, looking over at her friend, "George's dad got admitted last night." She told her, her tone soft.

"Oh my god, is he okay?"

"He's fine." Izzie nodded, quickly reassuring her, "He, uh, he passed out, hit the floor, and fractured his clavicle."

The O'Malley man turned around at her words, letting out a shaky breath. "His clavicle's fine. Callie said it's going to be fine."

"Are those his AM labs?"

"Yeah." Alex nodded as Meredith glanced down at the chart, "He's complaining of severe abdominal pain."

"He doesn't have peritoneal signs. That's good." Cristina reasoned, and Marnie was quick to nod in agreement.

"Has anybody seen—"

George jumped up as Dr. Bailey entered the room, running over to hand her his father's stolen chart with a small simper, "I was just looking at it." He promised.

She raised her brow, taking it back from him. "Don't you think me reading is more important than you reading it?"

"Sure. Yeah. Fine. He's going to be fine."

Whilst his father was going to be fine, George's resident wasn't entirely convinced that he was. "O'Malley, you'll be on scut today, it'll keep you distracted.

"No, I won't—"

"Family members do not treat family members. Scut." She enunciated, "And Stevens, since you're still on probation, you can join him. Make sure he stays distracted."