Fear's Grip

I can feel my heart racing, pounding in my chest as if it's trying to escape. My breathing is shallow, as though there's not enough air in the world. My mind is racing, thoughts colliding like a thousand trains on a single track. I feel trapped, like I'm about to be consumed by the panic that's taking over.

I try to focus on something, anything, to bring me back to reality. But the fear keeps creeping up, threatening to swallow me whole. I try to take deep breaths, but they only make it worse. My palms are damp with sweat, my whole body shaking with terror.

It's like I'm floating, detached from my body, from reality. Every sound is amplified, making me jump at the slightest noise. I feel vulnerable, like the whole world could see me in this state.

And then the tears start to fall, pouring down my face uncontrollably. I feel like I'm losing the battle, like I'll never escape the grip of anxiety.

But after a while, the feeling starts to subside. My heartbeat slows, my breathing eases up. The fear retreats, like it's hiding in the shadows, waiting for the next opportunity to strike.

It's not the first time I've been through this, and it won't be the last. But each time it happens, it feels like a battle I can never win. I wish I didn't have to live with this anxiety, but I know it's a part of who I am.

So I take a deep breath, wipe away my tears, and step back into the world, knowing that the next attack is just around the corner.