♥Chapter 19: The Sign♥

"10 minutes Jesse!"

I quickly loaded my personal things and clothes at my trunk.

Oh no. This is all my alarm clock's fault.

I set it to wake me up earlier than usual so I wouldn't rush later but look what happened. The clock's battery run out of energy and it means I'm not yet packed.

Today's our most awaited vacation in Wonder Land, and as far as I'm concerned I should be relaxing by now if that alarm clock isn't jinxed.

Later on, a pair of two feet was scrambling towards the direction of my room.

"Jesse.. We're here!", Emily cringed and behind her was Andria Brooks.

"Yay", I muttered sarcastically.

"What's this mess all about? You aren't packed yet?", Andria asked, peering into my room with a shocked look.

Heaving up a sigh I said, "Obviously.."

Thanks to Ethan, he did drive me home. I only remembered the part wherein he carries me on his back and puts me in his car.

After that, I was too sleepy to remember everything.

"Lame. Me, I packed up a week before..", she informed.

"Like Kaden..", I mumbled.

"What?", Emily asked, sitting on the far edge of my bed.

"Kaden also packed up his things a week ago..", I told them, suppressing the laughter that I am hiding.

"Nice...", Emily teased.

"Jesse Charlie Heywood! If you don't hurry up and go downstairs in an instant, I swear...", Jordan ranted alarmingly.

"Almost there!", I called out.

But no, I still need to brush my teeth and change my clothes.

"Why don't you have some breakfast downstairs guys?", I offered.

This seems to lighten up their faces and they gave each other their earnest grin.

"Good idea. Excuse us for a while..", Andria said, laughing sardonically and pushing Emily out of my room.

"Enjoy packing!", Emily said teasingly.

"Thanks..", I mumbled, rolling my eyes as they leave me.

Jeans. Checked.

T- shirts. Checked.

Sneakers. Checked.

I'm almost done now, thank goodness.

"Oh, the damsel- in- distress.. Finally I get the chance to meet you here."

I turned around and was astounded to see Ethan.

He's right there, wearing a typical t- shirt and jeans. He looks younger wearing that, than his usual school clothes.

He's drop dead gor-

"Done checking me out?", he said grinning.

Before I could speak, a blonde came out from Ethan's back, holding a camera.

"You should take a picture, it'll last longer.", he said, handing me the camera.

"Ew! As if I'm fantasizing him!", I said, shoving the camera away.

"You're the one who said that.", Ethan chuckled.

"Stop that! Do you mind giving me a few more moments? You see I'm in a rush!", I grunted, pursing my lips in distress.