♥Chapter 16: They Are Hiding Something♥

"I'm just trying to protect you Jess! You could've been hurt in any way!", Jordan said in a raised voice. Causing me to lose my balance when I heard him state that in a rumbling tone.

Never in my life, my brother got this worried.

Like he's protecting me over something I don't even know.

I just told them the point what I'm trying to say.

Ethan doesn't need to drive me home.

My insides are churning out earlier when I saw him grinning and be reminded on what I saw at Mclaggen's Caff yesterday.

His presence is enough for the guiltiness to appear in my body. Not alone a drive home.

"There's no need for Ethan to do a task he isn't supposed to do..", I interjected.

That's the only thing I tried to reason out. And now my brother's here, freaking out in front of me. I shook my head in dismay.

Much to my frustration, Mom and Dad let the decision fall on Jordan. They told me that he's mature enough to decide for my safety.

Well, if they only said yes then I won't be here listening to my brother shrieked at the top of his lungs.

"I assure you. I can take care of myself. Look at Ethan. Maybe he wants to hang out with you sometimes.."

He rolled his eyes.

"Or with his family.. We never know..", I almost whispered.

"It's obvious that you're just making excuses."

"I'm not!"

"Yes you are and let me tell you.. It's not a good one..", he concluded.

Now, it's my time to look agitated.

"I don't mind having a drive home. I'm only considering other people's schedule...", I said, staring at him in full determination.

Jordan gazed at me for a moment. A blank expression crossing his facial features, which I found haughty and disturbing.

"I get it then. If you're worrying about him that much. Which I highly doubt..", he said, rolling his eyes for the second time.

"Then I'll ask Kaden to pick you up from school everyday, if you're friends can't make it.", he continued.

Okay. But why do he need to take it like a big thing? It's only a ride home for heaven's sake..

"Kaden? What if he wants-"

"He hasn't got any. He loss his family when he was 15.. If that's what you're trying to imply..", he responded simply.

"Oh..."

All my retort were cutted.

I suddenly felt bad for Kaden.

How can a light- hearted person like him undergo such a dreadful past? Losing your parents at a very young age was a thing no one will imagine.

One will never thought that Kaden's carrying some problems though, knowing him as a jolly person.

How can he do that? No idea.

He's just unbelievable.

"Is everything set?", Jordan asked, snapping me away from my sympathy and I realized that he's not finish talking to me.

Oh we're talking about my ride home and it would be Kaden.

"Hey! Maybe he-"

"If he wants to hang- out, it would be us. And we always hang- out after class..", he said and eyeing me with those brown eyes. I felt like I'm staring at myself in a mirror. Only a male edition.