♥Chapter 13: He'd Never Tell You, But He Can Play Guitar♥

"Hey!", Drake greeted. He's in the middle of the hallway, carrying his bag one- sided.

His hair was gelled in a very promising style, revealing his perfectly shaped- jaw line. Even in his black shirt and faded jeans. He's surely a hearthrob.

"Oh hello! Been in practices lately?", I asked, slightly startled by his acknowledgement.

Even if a week have already passed, I'm still not comfortable with Drake popping by. He's greeting me almost everyday. Well last year and onwards, we only greeted each other occasionally by our smiles and high- five. But this year was different. Yeah, it is completely different.

"Yeah.. Actually most of the time we're practicing...", he said, flashing me his knowing smile.

For a star player, he surely was a humble one. He's not the typical player kind of a boy. Most of the boys in our school are. As far as I know, he's picky when it comes to girls. Well all his past relationships really lasted. Alicia, my friend when I was in 8th grade was his ex. They only broke up because she migrated to Canada.

"Good.", I said, scratching the back of my head.

Can this conversation gets any more awkward?

"So I guess..", I said, slowly turning my heel away from him.

"Wait!", he said, stopping me from going any further. I turned around to look at him. Well he looks nervous. But why?

"I need to ask you something!", he said.

Why don't he just hurry up and say it?

I raised one of my eyebrows as I waited for his answer.

"Uhh.. Well are you up on Friday?.. Can we go out after class?", he asked, breathing rapidly.

He's asking me out?

My heart was thumping and banging against the inner walls of my body. My hands were getting cold.

Maybe he's just kidding. He will never asked me out. There's a bunch of girls prettier and smarter than me. I'll take it as a friendly date.

Whatever it is. I would love too!

"Yeah, of course!", I said, excitedly.

Even if I said yes, I could feel thay there is something wrong with it.

My audition's on Friday too! And after class also! What am I going to do? Drake has only a very limited time.

But it can wait right? On the other side, the audition was a once in a lifetime chance.

"Oops.. Drake I'm sorry! But I can't make it. I have an audition on Friday.", I said, slightly embarassed that I have to take back what I said.

His emotion didn't change as I expected. Besides, his eyes lighten up that made my hands tremble.

"You're going for the singing competition?", he asked.

Should I tell him? What if I fail? Argh! Stop thinking stupid things Jesse. You're just making the situation complicated.

"Yeah...", I said, ducking my head slightly.

How did he manage to make me this pink by just talking to him?

He thinks for a while and said something that made me want to faint in the middle of the hallway.

"I'll watch you on your audition then..", he said, smiling.

Oh my.. He even volunteered to support me in my audition!

The loud and obnoxious bell prevent me to answer any further.