♥Chapter 12: We Belong Together?♥

"Do you Ethan Jacob Jacobsen accept Jesse Charlie Heywood as your lawfully wedded wife?", a plump man asked.

"I do.", Ethan answered. He suddenly shoved his hands under his pants, looking through the crowd.

What have I gotten myself into? Our parents were dressed in a very formal manner. They were all wearing gowns. Long gowns, to be specific.

I glanced at Ethan's direction and saw him, wearing a tuxedo. His hair was styled in a very formal way. Very gorgeous, eh I mean formal. Yeah, very formal.

The plump man's attention turns to me.

"And you, Jesse Charlie Heywood. Do you accept Ethan Jacob Jacobsen as your faithful husband for the rest of your life", he asked.

I just stood there, my mouth was slightly opened from the shock.

"Jesse?", the plump man asked, waving his hands in front of me.

But I was completely out of mind. My world stops spinning, my heart stops beating, my head starts throbbing.

What is he talking about? Me? Accepting Ethan as my husband?

"Uhh.. eh..."

I couldn't form any coherent words to say. We can't get married! We certainly don't love each other! That's not going to change! Ever!

I... Don't... Love... HIM!

♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪

"Jesse?!"

"Jesse?! Wake up!"

"Wake up!"

I slowly opened my eyes and saw a dozen pair of eyes staring straight back at me. What happened?

"Jesse are you okay?", Sophia asked, snuggling on my side.

"Uhh..", I said, dumbfounded on what happened.

I fainted. Right in front of everybody. We're still at our house because there faces were full of concern and weariness. So I'm not marrying Ethan right now. Not yet.

When I realized that I was lying on someone's lap, I looked up to see Ethan. An unexplainable look plastered on his face. I immediately straightened up myself, looking flustered. It's definitely obvious that we're not comfortable of the situation we were in right now.

Seconds later, my mom popped up from my view, carrying a glass of water.

"Oh dear! Take a sip and rest. We'll explain it all to you later.", my mom said.

"Soph? Why don't you play with Chemical outside? Jesse needs to rest for a while..", Uncle Mark said.

Sophie gave me a worried look, telling me if I'm alright.

"Go on. Play with her.. I'm fine here..", I said, nodding towards her direction.

"You sure?", she asked, smiling.

"Yep. Definitely..", I said, smiling back.

"Alrighty then..", she said, carrying the cat to the backyard.

"Ethan's marrying her Jesse!!

Ethan's marrying her Jesse!!", Sophie said in a sing- sang tone. Ughh! She's so happy about it. Well, I'm completely shocked with that.

Okay. Give me a minute for this idea to sink in.

So earlier, they are talking about our marriage. How they planned it.. ever since. But why us?