Chapter 19: I Like Your Company

Two months passed after Sidharth and Sana's marriage. Everything was going very well. Sana's bonding with Shukla family and Sidharth's bonding with Mukherjee family grew. Other than that Sana and Sidharth too came closer emotionally. They liked to spend most of their time with each other. Though Sidharth still had relationship with Hina, Sana didn't have problem with this as she knew that they were going to part ways after one year of their marriage. That's why they didn't give any tag to their relationship and thought it to be just an emotional attachment, nothing else. But in reality it was more than that.

One day, Sidharth returned home from Radio Station. That time he was alone in his home as his family went to attend a relative's marriage. Only Sidharth and Sana didn't go as they both had work pressure. That day the housemaids were also on leave.

After getting changed, Sidharth went straight to the kitchen as he was feeling very hungry. He served food at a plate and started eating. He was so hungry that he couldn't realise when he ate all the food that Rita Ji kept for both of them.

After eating, he started washing his hands when Sana came there saying, "Offf! Aaj toh bohut hi thak gayi hoon main. Kitna kaam tha office mein. Lunch karne ka bhi waqt nahi mila. Pet mein chuhe daur rahe hai. Zaldi se fresh ho ke khana khaa leti hoon."

As soon as Sidharth heard this, he realised that there was nothing left in the kitchen.

"Tumhe bhook lagi hai?" Sidharth asked nervously.

"Kaise nahi lagegi? Aaj breakfast ke baad paani ke siwa kuch gaya hi kaha hai mere pet mein? Pura din client ki shaadi ke arrangements mein busy thi." Sana said sadly.

Sidharth could imagine what Sana would do after knowing the truth.

He gathered some courage and went towards her.

"Ek baat kahu tumse?" He asked smiling forcefully.

"Kya hai zaldi bolo. Mujhe change karne jaana hai." She said.

"Woh.... Kitchen mein khana nahi hai."

"Kyu jhut bol rahe ho? Mummy Ji ne mujhse kaha tha woh hum dono ke liye khana rakh ke gayi hai."

Sidharth gulped his saliva and said with fear, "Haan matlab... Khana rakh ke gayi thi but...."

"But kya?" Sana asked.

"Maine akele hi saara khana khaa liya." He said in one go.

Sana looked at him with wide eyes as if she was not being able to digest his words.

"What did you just say?" She asked with disbelief.

Sidharth sighed and said, "I'm sorry woh main bhul gaya tha ki kitchen mein hum dono ke hisse ka khana rakha hai. Mujhe bohut bhukh lagi thi aur......"

Sana didn't let him finish and asked, "Tumne saara khana akele hi khaa liya? Zara sa bhi nahi rakha mere liye?"

Sidharth nodded in no.

Sana made an angry face and picked up a show piece from the centre table. Sidharth widened his eyes imagining her next move.

"No no... Sana calm down. Don't do this." He said getting scared.

"Aaj toh main tumhara qatal kar ke hi rahungi. Bohut seh liya maine." She said aiming the show piece towards his head.

"Sana 10 lakh ka show piece hai. Mat karo tut jaayega. "

"Iss 10 lakh ke show piece se main tumhara sir phodungi."

Anger was visible on her face. Sidharth was just trying to save his head. Suddenly Sana threw the show piece at him but Sidharth caught it. So no harm caused.