S I X

Nova Nyx 🌙

As soon as the smug bastard walked into the tiny room I was held captive in and took a seat across from me, I snarled in outrage as I struggled in my restraints.

"Calm down pawdï" (Little Wolf) "I mean you no harm."

"Bullshit" I growled at him "Where are my brothers?"

"Safe."

"The same way I'm safe?" I motioned to my bound body with my head "Are they locked in the supply closet next door?"

His lips twitched "They've received adequate accommodations."

"They're alone?"

"They're being well taken care of by some of the best nannies in town."

"I don't care if they're being taken care of by Nanny McPhee or Mary Poppins" I growled at him "I need to be with them."

He leaned back in his chair, looking nonchalant "Unfortunately, you are not allowed to leave at the moment."

"Why the Hell not?!"

"Because we have some things to discuss" he leans across the small table and places the same manilla folder I'd seen in the interrogation of my Mom in front of me "I thought you might like to see this."

He flipped the first page open, and like a smack in the face, the DNA results were right there.

The big ass Heading glaring back at me.

I swallowed the thick lump in my throat when my eyes scanned over the Bolded words

No Match Found.

So it was true...Mandy and Matthew St.James weren't my biological parents.

I glanced up to find him solemnly watching me.

"We can run it again, in front of you, if you'd like" he spoke before I said anything "But just so you know, we've ran it six times already and the same result came back every time."

"That doesn't change anything for me" I said, shaking my head "They're still my family. She's still my Mom."

Instead of answering me, he flipped open the next page.

I flinched back when I saw the pictures of an infant version of me, hooked up to oxygen machines and little tiny tubes coming out of my mouth and nose.

"I knew I was born early, but I didn't realize just how early." I whispered mainly to myself but of course Phoenix heard me.