T H I R T Y - F I V E

Phoenix 

I huff out a breath, wiping the blood out of my eyes, as I took in the bodies surrounding me. 

That creature, whatever the fuck it was, killed more than half our guards and injured the rest. 

I watched as the injured were getting checked out by the campus healers while the dead were being carried away by the Royal guards that could still walk. 

"Bury them in the Guards Crypt" I ordered them "That's the least they deserve for their service today." 

"Yes Alpha."

A rattled groan from beside me had my eyes snapping to him, his mangled body looking like it was pushed through a meat grinder before getting run over by an eighteen wheeler. 

"You're one lucky bastard" I dropped to my knees to stanch the flow of blood from his abdominal wound "How the fuck you survived this is beyond me."

He laughed, the sound turning into a wheeze as more and more blood poured from his wounds. 

"And how the fuck you still look like a male model while being covered from head to toe in blood is mind boggling" he croaked "Fucking Fenrir's." 

"Wow, mind boggling" I called for a Healer "That's a big word for a Lobo that failed kindergarten, first, and fourth grade." 

"Shut up" He grunted when the Healer took over, starting with the wound that was currently coating my hands in blood "It wasn't my fault and you know it." 

I chuckled, glad that he was alive and talking to me, but on the inside I was anxious. 

He was losing too much blood, his normally tanned skin looked pale and his skin was cold to the touch. 

"How's Nova?" he croaked out "Did that thing..." 

"She's fine" I reassured him "One of the Butcher twins got her to us in time." 

"And the other?" 

I looked over my shoulder at the other twin who was currently growling at the shaky Healer who was trying to mend a particular gruesome wound running across his chest. 

"Still alive" I shook my head "There must be something in that Lobo Pack water because you bastards don't die." 

When he didn't reply to my snarky comment, my head immediately snapped back to look at him. 

His eyes were closed and his breathing was uneven but he was still alive. 

"Why isn't he healed yet?" I snapped at the Healer who trembled slightly.