T H I R T Y - T H R E E

NOVA 

"Don't get mad at him" A very familiar voice rang out "He was just doing what I asked of him."

 "Of course it's you" I glared over my shoulder "What do you want?" 

My eyes drifted automatically to the two unfamiliar men behind Atlas, their dark auburn hair a stark contrast against their olive skin complexion. 

The closer I looked at them, the more I realized that they were twins. 

I nodded towards them "Who are they?" 

"Don't look at them" he said dismissively "Focus on me." 

I glanced at Jade and Charlie and found them both gaping at the twins with equal looks of shock and amazement. 

"The Canela Twins" Jade whispered, blushing as the one of the right turned towards her with a critical gaze. 

Zero emotion on his face as he glanced at her from head to toe, his gaze darkening as his hazel eyes locked on hers. 

I heard Jade's sharp intake of breath as she clutched my arm. 

 "The one on the left is Nícolas" she whispered "And the one of the right is Máteo." 

"The Butchers of Lupine Bay" Charlie whispered, amazement in his tone "The sons of Alessandro 'The Bear' Canela, Beta to Heir Lupine and the most fearsome warrior in all of Shifter History." 

My head snapped back towards Atlas and the twins, my gaze narrowing as I took in the two men in a new light. 

Máteo's lips twitched at my friend's whispers, his gaze turning inquisitive as he took me in from head to toe too.

"Why are they with Atlas?" 

"Because they're part of my Pack" Atlas answered smoothly "Let's go." 

"Where are we going?" I asked, still rooted to the seat "And what are you even doing here? Don't you have class?" 

 "I'm flattered you have my scheduled memorized little Star" His lips twitched "Now let's go. We're going to be late." 

"Late for what?" 

He took a step forward, crowding me just enough that I was forced to either lean back and away from him or stay where I was. 

I chose the latter, not wanting to back down from his challenge.

And it was a challenge considering the way his eyes lit up the closer his face came to mine.

"I'm not above throwing you over my shoulder" he whispered, his head tilting slightly as his lips grazed the corner of my mouth "In fact, I think I might enjoy it."