T W E N T Y - E I G H T

FYNN (Kassian's Cousin)

*BLOOD, GORE, AND DEATH MENTIONED IN THIS CHAPTER! READER DISCRETION IS ADVISED! 

I slammed open the back door, turning my nose up in the air and taking a deep breath, knowing that the next couple of moments were about to get ugly. 

I turned, scowling when I saw the blonde vampy following the gorgeous beauty as she walked through the dark alleyway, humming happily as she listened to her music. 

This girl was going to be the death of me...and I didn't even know her name.

The vamps posture tensed and by the way her body was tightly coiled, I knew she was about to attack. 

Before she could even take a step further, I acted fast, clamping a hand around her mouth and dragging her back into the shadows. 

With a smile, I watched my ebony haired beauty stride happily out of the alleyway and towards the crowed sidewalk, disappearing from my sight. 

I have a feeling it won't be the last time we see each other. 

With that final though, I threw the snarling vampyre in my grasp into the side of the brick wall, watching in satisfaction as she crumped next to the dirty trash can. 

"What the fuck..." she gasped out in pain "What..." 

"Hello again" I said, my smile down right predatory as I looked down at her.  

Her head snapped up in equal parts shock and anger. 

"You" she snapped "What the hell are you? What did you do?" 

"Me?" I feigned surprise "Why, I didn't do anything except save you from making a grave mistake." 

She stood, dusting herself off in anger "You cost me my dinner." 

"I cost you nothing" I said, my own anger rising "In fact I saved your life. One would think you'd be a little more grateful." 

"I did nothing wrong" she snapped. 

"The fact that you don't realize what you've done is telling enough" I tsked "You're a fledgling, aren't you?" 

"I'm a lieutenant, you bastard" she snarled at me "Stronger than you'll ever be." 

I smiled "How disappointing your Coven must be if they have such a sad excuse for a lieutenant. I'm surprised they have you training the new generation of fledglings. I wonder how many will die before the week's end? My guess? All of them." 

"You prick!" she snarled, rushing towards me at high speed "I'll kill you!"