S I X T E E N

NOVA NYX 🌙

It was bound to happen. 

In fact, I'm surprised she didn't do it sooner. 

It's been exactly one month since my little run in the library with Saoirse and while I'm not surprised that she chose to retaliate against me, I am surprised that it took this long. 

Jade spotted them the moment I did, her quick intake of breath letting me know that whatever it read on the poster was bad. 

She attempted to reach for the poster and rip it off the wall when I stopped her, scanning the contents. 

"You think that this is supposed to hurt me?" I said calmly into the quiet hallway brimming with students whose gazes were bouncing back between me and a smirking Saoirse "I'm proud of where I come from." 

The gasps sounded from everywhere and when I turned to confront Saoirse head on, I found almost every shifters face displaying some kind of horrified stare. 

"You hear that everyone?" Saoirse cooed, her friends giggling from behind her "Our newest Heir here, your future leader, is a normie sympathizer. Raised by her own kidnappers and forced to live amongst those monsters, sharing their ideas and way of life, looking down at us just because we're different and were blessed with gifts their puny little minds couldn't even begin to comprehend."

Whispers and sneers were pointed my way, a few muttered remarks ringing out from somewhere behind me. 

I glared at each and everyone one of them before locking eyes with Saoirse. 

"If this was supposed to humiliate me or make me feel bad about where I come from, then you epically failed." 

"I don't think I did" she murmured, grinning at me as her eyes shifted around the crowed hall "It turned exactly how I imagined it would." 

While I didn't let any of the emotions play out on my face, I cursed at myself when I realize her intentions. 

This wasn't meant for my public humiliation...

This was meant to undermine my new status and get the shifters at this school to doubt my loyalties and intentions. 

"What in the ever-loving fuck is going on here?" a familiar voice barked as three sets of heavy footsteps sounded from behind us. 

I turned in time to watch the hallway part as three very pissed off Alpha's approach us, at least a dozen posters clutched tightly in each of their fists. 

While Saoirse remained stock still, from the corner of my eye I noticed that her clique took a giant step away from her.