T W E L V E

NOVA NYX 🌙

The Coach was not what I expected at all...that's for sure. 

Instead of the mean, seven foot tall giant with a scowl permanently etched on his face like I was imagining, a man that was barely five foot nine stood before his class, shouting out deeming comments and impossible orders. 

The scowl was present on his face but mixed with the tactical pants and Crescent Academy Polo he was wearing, he gave off more of a retired cop vibe instead one of the best Shifter Professors in the world. 

According to Atlas' words. 

"MCKINLEY! YOU CALL THAT SHIFTING?!" Coach barked "MY MEEMAW CAN SHIFT BETTER THAN YOU AND SHE'S DEAD! TELL ME HOW THAT'S POSSIBLE?" 

McKinley's face deepened into a violet color as he tried to shift for the third time. 

"ROJAS IF YOU TAKE ANY LONGER TO SHIFT, THE MARKSMEN ARE GOING TO HAVE YOU BY THE BALLS" He screamed "THIS ISN'T ONE OF THOSE TRANSFORMATIONS ANIME SHOWS YOU WATCH WHEN YOU THINK I'M NOT LOOKING!" 

Rojas looked away in embarrassment, snickers sounding out from all of our classmates. 

Coach's flaming blue eyes caught mine standing slightly behind Atlas, his gazing darting to the older Heir with questions in his eyes. 

"Are you going to hide behind him all day?" he snapped at me "Or are you actually going to join the class and earn your grade?" 

I narrowed my eyes at him, taking a step forward and away from him Atlas when he suddenly shot a hand forward and gripped my wrist. 

"I have explicit orders from the Penta regarding Nova's participation in this class Coach" he handed the Coach a folded up letter "I think you'll find the explanation you're looking for in that letter." 

Coach snatched the letter before tucking it away in his back pocket. 

"I don't have time to read pretty little bureaucratic bullshit Lobo" he said, crossing his arms "Tell me what it says." 

"I rather have you read it Coach" he says, glancing at our classmates "Too many nosy fucks not minding their own damn business." 

I glanced around to find everyones eyes on us, a majority of them stopping what they were doing to focus their attention on us. 

"I'll read the damn letter later" he snapped at me, motioning for me to join the back of the line "For now, you need to get the fuck out of my class. I passed you already so there's no reason why you're still here bugging me." 

Atlas smirked at the Coach, nodding to where the letter was residing in his pocket.