T E N

Chapter Nine

"One minute" he mouthed, holding up a finger to emphasize his point "Get your food and hurry that ass back to me. I'll be waiting."

I shot him a look, turning on my heel and heading into the breakfast line.

My stomach growled at the trays and trays of delicious looking food, my eyes snagging on the custom omelet and waffle bar.

"Oh my god" I groaned, grabbing a togo box and pilling food into so high I'm sure it wouldn't close "I think I've died on gone to heaven."

A masculine chuckle sounded from behind me and I turned my head to find a handsome guy staring at me in amusement.

His long dark hair was pulled back into a small ponytail at the back of his head, his sea green eyes looking at me in equal parts mirth and surprise.

I smiled at him, glancing down at the wheelchair he was currently in "Nice ride."

"This old thing?" he moved them from side to side, the sunlight glinting off the custom painted frame "It's not as nice as the one I'm working on."

I looked at him in surprise, reaching for another serving spoon as I heaped another scoop of homestyle potatoes in my box.

"You make wheelchairs?"

"I make my wheelchairs" he corrected, reaching for a box and the egg scooper "You should see what I can do with my wrench."

His voice trailed off at his last words, making me glance at him.

His cheeks were pink as a blush streaked across his face.

I bit my lip at his reaction, barely holding in my giggle.

"Was that supposed to be an innuendo or something?" I asked after I couldn't take it any longer, full out laughing as my words caused his expression to shift from barely concealed horror "Because if it is... I don't think I want to see anyone's wrenches anytime soon."

He groaned, dropping his head back on the top of his chair "That's so not what I meant."

I sent him a wink, walking a little further down the buffet line.

"I know" I grinned at him "I was just pulling your leg."

"Ah, so the new girl's got a sense of humor" he said, grinning as he followed me "How refreshing to know that not everyone is either a total douchebag or apart of the sympathy committee."

I curtsied with a dramatic flare "Why, thank you good sir."

His grin widened.

"So...what's your name new girl?"