T H I R T Y - F O U R

NOVA 

"WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?!" 

The creature in front of us was something I've never seen before...and judging from the way both twins were gawking at it, I'm pretty sure they never saw something like this thing before. 

It looked like a wolf, with its features and fur, but at the same time looked like a decaying humanoid corpse. 

Part of its skull was and ribs were discernible from where I was standing, so noticeable in fact that I saw brain and organs protruding from their respectable cavities. 

Blood was matted in his fur and while his crimson eyes were bouncing between the four of us, I couldn't help but notice that its eyes were focused solely on me. 

Oh Shit...

That couldn't have been a good sign. 

With a deafening shriek that had my ears ringing, the creature ran toward us at lightening speed, somehow dodging Atlas' attempt to block him. 

"GET HER OUT OF HERE!" Atlas roared, transforming into his Wolf as dug his paws into the ground and sprinted towards the terrifying creature. 

The twins, who were already yanking me out of the trajectory of the beast, gripped each of my arms andhauled me towards the direction of the Council building. 

"WHAT THE HELL IS THAT!" I screamed when I heard Atlas' howl of pain, turning my head to find his shoulder locked in that things jaw. 

The creature locked eyes with me as it bit down on Atlas' shoulder, tearing it even more aggressively as he jerked his head from side to side. 

The sickening crunch of bone and shredding of muscles met my ears, making me want to cry and hurl at the same time.

"HELP HIM!" I screamed as I tried to yank my arms out of the twins grasp "FOR FUCKS SAKE! FORGET ME AND HELP HIM!"

They winced, as they dragged me away from Atlas and the creature, their eyes constantly shifting between me, the fight in behind us, and the open perimeter surrounding us.

"Those aren't our orders Heir Lupine" they said simultaneously "Alpha ordered us to get you to safety."

Another howl of pain that made me physically ill to the point when my heart was clawing out of my chest in panic.

"YOU CAN'T SERIOUSLY THINK I'LL LEAVE HIM BEHIND" I growled at them "YOU NEED TO HELP YOUR ALPHA! PLEASE NÍCOAS! PLEASE MÁTEO! HE NEEDS HELP BEFORE THAT THING KILLS HIM!!"

Máteo looked between me and his brother with anguish in his eyes.